TTEOKBOKKI (SPICY RICE CAKES) –Tteokbokki is likely one of the hottest Korean avenue meals in Korea. Amongst different issues, right this moment’s recipe is made with Korean rice truffles, Korean fish truffles, Korean soup inventory/dashi inventory, and gochujang (Korean chili paste)!
It’s tremendous scrumptious, umami wealthy, and extremely addictive! A lot in order that even when your tummy is full, you’ll nonetheless have some room for these spicy rice truffles! 😉
Tteokbokki / Ddeokbokki / Dukbokki (떡볶이) is certainly one of every one of my favorite meals. It has all the weather to be appreciated. The feel, the sauce, and the easiness! ❤️
Additionally, it is available in virtually countless variations. For example, I already shared three different tteokbokki recipes on my website. So right here they’re in case you want extra selections!
- No-fuss tremendous straightforward tteokbokki – This model doesn’t use Korean soup inventory/dashi inventory. It means two issues. Much fewer steps concerned, so it’s simpler & sooner. However, it might lack the depth of taste as a result of it’s cooked with water as a substitute for the soup inventory. (It’s nonetheless scrumptious although!) So it’s an incredible recipe if you want a fast tteokbokki repair. Additionally, some individuals commented that they like this recipe, as a result of the sauce shouldn’t be too soupy. It’s cooked like rice cake stir fry. [Check out the recipe – Easy Spicy Rice Cakes]
- Non-spicy tteokbokki / Soy sauce tteokbokki / Ganjang tteokbokki – If you happen to don’t deal with spicy meals very nicely or in any respect, this may be a greater choice for you. It’s additionally a Korean royal court docket delicacies. Intrigued? [Check out the recipe – Gungjung Tteokbokki]
- Rikki – Sure, it is a factor! Rikki is the mixed phrase of ramen/ramyun + tteokbokki. Instantaneous noodles are a further bonus for quantity, taste, and texture! [Check out the recipe – Rabokki]
Now that the normal foundation is roofed, let’s speak extra about right this moment’s tteokbokki.
In my thoughts, right this moment’s recipe is ready in an extra conventional means. After I say conventional, many Koreans make tteokbokki this fashion. Utilizing Korean soup inventory/dashi inventory.
And, don’t fear. It’s very straightforward to make it as nicely. Right here’s my information to learn how to make a Korean soup inventory. So in any case, conventional tteokbokki is simply as straightforward and fast to make! Additionally, observe – you may make a soup inventory with these pre-packaged elements too. Simply boil with water.
One factor I actually like about right this moment’s recipe is that it’s saucy. I do know some individuals don’t like this fashion however I do! So for those who cooked different dishes (e.g. pan-fried Korean dumplings or Korean fashion tempura) together with this tteokbokki, you may dip them into the sauce and eat them.
Questioning what’s the entire level of this? Properly, nothing actually. It’s simply how Koreans prefer to eat Tteokbokki. With numerous pan-fried / deep-fried dishes! When these are mingled with tteokbokki sauce, they only style even higher!
Anyway, I hope you give this recipe an attempt to let me understand how you go! Get pleasure from!
P.S. These are nice companion dishes you may serve with tteokbokki. Korean fish cake soup and Deep-fried seaweed rolls
Components for Tteokbokki (Serves 2)
- 350g / 12 ounces Korean rice truffles, separated
- 150g / 5.Three ounces Korean fish truffles, rinsed over scorching water & reduce into chunk measurement items
- 2 cups Korean soup inventory (dried kelp and dried anchovy inventory), use this recipe
- 60g / 2 ounces onion, thinly sliced
Tteokbokki sauce (Combine these in a bowl)
- Three Tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 half Tbsp uncooked sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp gochugaru (Korean chili flakes)
- 1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 stalk inexperienced onion, finely chopped
*1 Tbsp = 15 ml, 1 Cup = 250 ml
**If you wish to study extra about Korean elements, examine my 30 important Korean elements checklist.
1. Until your rice truffles are tender already, soak them in heat water for 10 minutes.
2. Boil the soup inventory in a shallow pot over medium excessive warmth and dissolve the tteokbokki sauce by stirring it with a spatula. As soon as the seasoned inventory is boiling, add the rice truffles, fish truffles, and onion. Boil them an extra three to five minutes till the rice truffles are absolutely cooked. Then, to thicken the sauce and to deepen the flavor, simmer it over low warmth for an extra 2 to four minutes.
3. Add the sesame oil, sesame seeds, and inexperienced onion then rapidly stir. Serve heat.
Leftover tteokbokki could be refrigerated for a day or two. When reheating, add some spare soup inventory or water. Although it received is as saucy as the primary time.