The Pioneer Woman’s Twice Baked Potato Casserole – This Twice Baked Potato Casserole recipe from The Pioneer Lady is loaded with creamy mashed potatoes, bacon, cheese, and bites of potato skins. PLUS, it’s make-ahead and freezer pleasant!
This recipe is every little thing, and I imply every little thing. I’ve all the time been a sucker for twice baked potatoes and making it in casserole type is simply every little thing I want in life. Particularly since you can also make it two days forward of time.
As if the comfort of constructing it forward of time isn’t sufficient, you’ll be able to simply freeze leftovers! Learn on for every little thing you should learn about this final side dish idea!
Methods to Make it
- Clear the potatoes, wipe utterly dry. Rub with Canola oil.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes.
- Take butter, bitter cream, and milk out of the fridge and permit to return to room temperature.
- Cook dinner bacon whereas the potatoes bake.
- Take away potatoes from the oven and wait till cool sufficient to deal with.
- Depart skins on 2 of the potatoes and peel the remaining. Minimize into thirds.
- Crumble the bacon. Add half of the bacon to the bowl of potatoes together with the milk, cream, butter, cheese, seasoned salt, salt, and pepper. Mash till creamy.
- Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. High with remaining bacon and extra cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. High with inexperienced onions and serve.
This casserole may be ready as much as two days forward of time:
- Assemble the casserole as famous within the recipe however maintain off on baking and refrigerate able to serve.
- Once you’re able to bake, cowl the highest and bake for 10-15 minutes. Take away the highest, and bake for 25 minutes.
Crock Pot Methodology
Observe the directions as outlined, however, assemble the casserole within the Crock-Pot as a substitute for a casserole dish.
Warmth on low for two hours or on excessive for 1 hour. As soon as the cheese is melted, change it to heat.
If you happen to reheat it from a chilly state, add an extra 1-2 hours of heating time.
-Leftovers need to be saved within the fridge and are greatest if eaten within three days.
-If frozen, they’re greatest if used inside three months.
Freezing Leftover Potato Casserole
-This potato casserole is good for freezing because the butter, bitter cream, and complete milk assist to maintain up the consistency. If the potatoes are somewhat watery when reheated, including some extra butter or bitter cream will assist mitigate this.
- Methodology #1: Freeze portion sizes in foil packets and place in a Ziploc freezer bag.
- Methodology #2: Use a measuring cup to scoop portion sizes onto a plate and put the whole plate within the freezer for 1-2 hours. Stack the frozen potatoes on high of each other in a freezer bag.
It’s greatest to make use of the potatoes inside three months of freezing.
Reheating Frozen Potatoes
Right here is the way to reheat these potatoes from a frozen state:
-Oven: Wrap the frozen potatoes in foil or place in an oven-safe lined dish. Bake at 350 levels for 20-25 minutes or so. The precise period of time relies on portion measurement.
-Microwave: Place the frozen potatoes on a microwave-safe plate or bowl and warm for about 5 minutes at half energy, stirring them often. The precise period of time relies on portion measurement.
-TIP: This resource gives extra info and pictures relating to the way to freeze, retailer, and reheat mashed potatoes.