THE BEST FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE – This Fried Cabbage recipe is insanely good! Made with bacon, onion, bell pepper, and contact of scorching sauce, it’s simple to make, easy, and comes out excellent each time!
That is one of my favorite recipes ever! You simply HAVE to do this Fried Cabbage, buddies! All the flavors work so effectively collectively, and the very best half is that this dish requires minimal substances, minimal cleanup, and brings most taste.
Why This is the Best Fried Cabbage Recipe
This Fried Cabbage recipe goes to develop into your favorite, as a result of:
- IT’S SIMPLE. It is made with Four substances (plus seasonings).
- IT’S EASY TO MAKE. You may simply have to roughly chop the veggies and bacon, and prepare dinner them collectively.
- IT’S MADE WITH BACON. Bacon provides a ton of taste, and makes all the things higher! I exploit Jones Dry Aged Bacon, as a result of it is the very best one available on the market.
- IT’S ONE POT. Virtually no clean-up required.
- IT’S ABSOLUTELY SCRUMPTIOUS. I simply can’t say sufficient about how tasty this Fried Cabbage is.
How to Select Cabbage
For this recipe, you may want the common inexperienced cabbage that’s bought in nearly each grocery retailer or grocery store. Choose a medium-sized head that feels heavy for its dimension. The leaves ought to look crisp and recent, without cracks or blemishes.
How to Make Fried Cabbage
1. In a big non-stick skillet, sauté the bacon, bell pepper, and onion over medium warmth for 7 minutes.
2. Add the purple pepper flakes, salt, and pepper, and stir effectively.
3. Add the water and chopped cabbage to the skillet. Cook dinner, stirring sometimes for about 20-25 minutes, or till the water evaporates.*
4. As soon as the water evaporates, hold frying the cabbage for about 10 minutes.
5. Take away the skillet from the warmth. Stir within the scorching sauce. Serve.
* Some cabbage varieties prepare dinner sooner than others. Modify the cooking time, if obligatory. If wanted, add a slight bit of extra water.
Please take a second to go away with your suggestions, when you do that dish. I’m so thrilled to listen to the way you loved it! Thanks for sticking with me!
What to Serve with Fried Cabbage
This dish is great by itself, however, it should pair effectively with cooked rice, quinoa, couscous, and mashed potatoes.
- Use smoked sausage as an alternative to bacon
- Use rooster sausage as an alternative
- Add 1 tablespoon of BBQ Sauce
- Use 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
About the Bacon
You should utilize any kind of bacon you like – common, turkey, and even vegan. Simply keep in mind that turkey bacon and vegan bacon usually are not only sufficient, so you may want so as to add further oil or butter.