STEAK AND CHEESE SKILLET – This household-pleasant low carb Steak and Cheese Skillet is made with beef steak and onions bell peppers, an excellent easy brandy sauce, and topped with melted provolone cheese. The tip result’sresult’s a tasty deal with the entire household can take pleasure in! I like to serve this with Vinegar Coleslaw and Lemon Drop.
Do you want Philly Steak & Cheese, however, don’tdon’t want or need the carbs! Right here is your answer! That is fabulously delicious and straightforward. If you’re, you’re not watching your carbs seize a pleasant, comfortable hoagie roll or higher but a cozy french banquette. Flippantly toast it and layer on that juicy steak, peppers, and cheese. Both approaches life doesn’tdoesn’t get a lot better than this! It has a delicious sauce that melds the steak, peppers, and cheese into one tantalizing deal with!
How do you make Steak and Cheese Skillet
Start by heating a little canola oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Now add the steak and cook until browned. Next, remove the browned beef from the skillet, cover, and keep warm. Now heat a little more canola oil over medium heat and add the onions and peppers. Cook about 4-5 minutes or until the onions are lightly browning on the edges. Now put the onions and pepper over the steak and cover to keep warm.
Next, heat a little more oil in the same pan over low heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and slowly add brandy waiting just 1-2 minutes for the fumes to dissipate. Then over a low simmer, reduce the volume by half. Finally, add the ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sriracha, and ketchup. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
In the final step, add the steak, onions, and pepper back to the skillet. Layer with cheese and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, turning on the broiler for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking to brown the cheese lightly.
Helpful tips for making steak and cheese skillet
- Slice your steak and veggies skinny and cook dinner over medium excessive warmth. Consider the steak and veggies as stir-frying, and you’ll love the outcomes.
- Alcohol and its fumes are flammable. Flip off the warmth and slowly add the brandy ready 1-2 minutes for the fumes to dissipate earlier than turning the warmth again on low. It’sIt’s all the time good to maintain a fireplace extinguisher inside about 30 ft out of your range.
- The beef broth could also be substituted for the brandy; however, scale back to half of the cup, please.
- Provel is a mixture of cheddar, Swiss, and provolone cheese. Except you reside within the Midwest, it could be very tough to seek out. An excellent substitution is a provolone; nevertheless, you’ll be able to make your mixture cheese.
- Broilers are very unpredictable, so if in any respect potential flip it on low. Use my cooking instances solely as a reference, keep shut by, and verify on the skillet.
STEAK AND CHEESE SKILLETCourse: main meal beefCuisine: American
STEAK AND CHEESE SKILLET – This household-pleasant low carb Steak and Cheese Skillet is made with beef steak and onions bell peppers, an excellent easy brandy sauce, and topped with melted provolone cheese.
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 tablespoon mirin (see notes)
2 teaspoons sriracha
1/3 cup ketchup (preferably low or no sugar)
2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 lbs beef steak cut into bite size pieces
1 medium sweet onion chopped
1 1/2 cups provel ropes or grated provolone cheese
1 red bell pepper julienned
1 green bell pepper julienned
1 orange or yellow bell pepper julienned
2 cloves garlic minced
2/3 cup brandy
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Add 1 tablespoon oil to oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Keeping heat high enough brown steak. Remove from skillet, cover and keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and peppers; cook for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned on edges. Stir several times. Remove from pan and place over beef, cover and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon canola oil to skillet over low heat; add garlic and cook for 1 minute stirring several times. Add brandy and cook to reduce volume by half. Add ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sriracha and ketchup. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add steak, onions and peppers back to the skillet. Top with cheese. Place in oven for 5 minutes. Turn oven to low broil and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Slice your steak and greens skinny and prepare dinner over medium-high warmness. Think of the steak and veggies as stir-frying and you will love the outcomes.
- Alcohol and its fumes are flammable. Turn off the warmth and slowly add the brandy ready 1-2 mins for the fumes to use up before turning the warmth returned on low. It is usually clever to keep a hearth extinguisher inside about 30 feet out of your stove.
- Beef broth can be substituted for the brandy however reduce to half of the cup, please.
- Provel is a mixture of cheddar, Swiss, and provolone cheese. Unless you stay in the Midwest it is able to be very hard to find. A true substitution is a provolone but you can actually make your very own combination cheese.
- Broilers are very unpredictable so if at all viable flip it on low. Use my cooking times best as a reference, live nearby, and test on the skillet.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories603
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 136.2mg 46%
- Sodium 1076mg 45%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 16.6g
- Protein 51.6g 104%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.