STEAK AND CHEESE SKILLET – This household-pleasant low carb Steak and Cheese Skillet is made with beef steak and onions bell peppers, an excellent easy brandy sauce, and topped with melted provolone cheese. The tip result’sresult’s a tasty deal with the entire household can take pleasure in! I like to serve this with Vinegar Coleslaw and Lemon Drop.
Do you want Philly Steak & Cheese, however, don’tdon’t want or need the carbs! Right here is your answer! That is fabulously delicious and straightforward. If you’re, you’re not watching your carbs seize a pleasant, comfortable hoagie roll or higher but a cozy french banquette. Flippantly toast it and layer on that juicy steak, peppers, and cheese. Both approaches life doesn’tdoesn’t get a lot better than this! It has a delicious sauce that melds the steak, peppers, and cheese into one tantalizing deal with!
How do you make Steak and Cheese Skillet
Start by heating a little canola oil in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Now add the steak and cook until browned. Next, remove the browned beef from the skillet, cover, and keep warm. Now heat a little more canola oil over medium heat and add the onions and peppers. Cook about 4-5 minutes or until the onions are lightly browning on the edges. Now put the onions and pepper over the steak and cover to keep warm.
Next, heat a little more oil in the same pan over low heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Turn off the heat and slowly add brandy waiting just 1-2 minutes for the fumes to dissipate. Then over a low simmer, reduce the volume by half. Finally, add the ginger, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sriracha, and ketchup. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
In the final step, add the steak, onions, and pepper back to the skillet. Layer with cheese and place in the oven for about 5 minutes, turning on the broiler for the last 1-2 minutes of cooking to brown the cheese lightly.
Helpful tips for making steak and cheese skillet
- Slice your steak and veggies skinny and cook dinner over medium excessive warmth. Consider the steak and veggies as stir-frying, and you’ll love the outcomes.
- Alcohol and its fumes are flammable. Flip off the warmth and slowly add the brandy ready 1-2 minutes for the fumes to dissipate earlier than turning the warmth again on low. It’sIt’s all the time good to maintain a fireplace extinguisher inside about 30 ft out of your range.
- The beef broth could also be substituted for the brandy; however, scale back to half of the cup, please.
- Provel is a mixture of cheddar, Swiss, and provolone cheese. Except you reside within the Midwest, it could be very tough to seek out. An excellent substitution is a provolone; nevertheless, you’ll be able to make your mixture cheese.
- Broilers are very unpredictable, so if in any respect potential flip it on low. Use my cooking instances solely as a reference, keep shut by, and verify on the skillet.