Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Spinach Filled Portobello Mushrooms are a very easy vegetarian night time meal concept that could be served as being the principle dish.
What does one eat must you don’t attempt to devour meat?
I in reality like mashed potatoes, however with out a meat it might be onerous to find what to serve with my most well-liked facet dish. And not using a a steak or hen breast together with, what are we able to do to spherical out the meals?
I took inspiration from 1 of my favourite eating place meals for this one explicit. A regional pizza house delivers a couple of entrees, one explicit of which can also be named Vegetarian Heaven. Presumptuous, correct?!
But it surely completely purposes. A big portobello mushroom is full of creamy spinach, crowned with cheese, after which nestled on a mattress of lavish mashed potatoes and freshly grilled veggies.
What is helping make this the most efficient filled portobello mushroom recipe
This is a filled portobello mushroom recipe with out a breadcrumbs, which can also be glorious just because that implies it’s naturally gluten-free! We’re stuffing quite a few spinach in there to increase taste and care for you general.
Frozen spinach helps to keep this recipe tremendous simple. No want to need to wilt down mountains of unpolluted spinach! In the event you adore the usefulness of the freezer staple, ensure to try my different frozen spinach recipes!
They’re tasty, but in addition very simply customizable (see beneath). The spinach and mushrooms jointly create a heartiness that may be tricky to find in vegetarian entrees.
You are going to come to really feel like you could have a number one dish reasonably than a host of aspects in your plate!
Filled mushroom substances
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Portobello mushroom caps
- Frozen spinach
- Parmesan cheese
- Massive product
- Mozzarella cheese
- Salt & pepper
The right way to make spinach filled portobello mushrooms
- Whisk in combination olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic in a small bowl.
- House mushroom caps in a big, zipper seal plastic bag and upload the olive oil marinade. Seal the bag and turn it over a few instances to coat. Permit to relaxation for 15 mins.
- Location marinated mushrooms stem facet down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 10 mins at 450ºF.
- Mix spinach, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and weighty cream in a medium bowl. Season to style with salt and pepper.
- Take away mushrooms from the oven, then divide the spinach filling over the mushrooms. Most sensible flippantly with mozzarella cheese and ultimate parmesan.
- Go back the mushrooms to the oven for 10 mins.
Is parmesan cheese vegetarian?
Maximum parmesan cheese isn’t vegetarian, however you’ll be able to search for cheese made with vegetable rennet reasonably than animal rennet. You’ll be able to learn extra about this in my submit on meals which can be unusually no longer vegetarian.
Pointers for customizing
- Serve together with your most well-liked veggies corresponding to balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with garlic, mashed potatoes, or grilled zucchini and onions
- Supply on a hamburger bun as a sandwich
- Use complete fats coconut milk in location of the hefty product and go away off the cheese to make it vegan
- Serve on most sensible of pasta with marinara sauce
- In search of even much less paintings? Stuff your mushrooms with veggie mash!
Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are an easy vegetarian evening meal idea that might be served as being the main dish.
2 cloves garlic, pressed
4 large portobello mushroom caps
2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and excess water removed
½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic.
- Place mushroom caps in a large, zipper seal plastic bag and add the olive oil marinade. Seal the bag and flip it over a few times to distribute the marinade over the mushrooms. Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place marinated mushrooms stem side down on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by combining spinach, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream in a medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and flip. Divide the spinach filling over the mushrooms, then top evenly with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan.
- Return the mushrooms to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Serve warm with mashed potatoes, grilled veggies, or your other favorite sides.
- Serve together with your favorite veggies which include balsamic roasted brussels sprouts with garlic, mashed potatoes, or grilled zucchini and onions
- Serve on a hamburger bun as a sandwich
- Use complete fats coconut milk in place of the heavy cream and depart off the cheese to make it vegan
- Serve on pinnacle of pasta with marinara sauce
Energy: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 19g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Ldl cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 439mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Diet A: 8710IU | Diet C: 4.4mg | Calcium: 391mg | Iron: 1.8mg