Spicy Honey-Lime Chicken – The mixture of honey (or maple syrup), soy sauce, sriracha, lime, garlic, and ginger on this spicy honey lime chicken recipe is depraved. Scrumptious sizzling, room temp, or chilly.
You may make the recipe with complete boneless chicken thighs or breasts, skewers, or bone-in chicken. My favorite is boneless thighs (pictured right here) as a result of they’re so flavorful, they soak up the marinade properly and so they have a tendency to remain moister than breasts. Should you’ve learned any of our different chicken posts, you’ve heard this. Many instances.
Tailor To Your Taste
How to serve honey lime chicken
- I really like the grilled chicken skewers format the most effective since you get the utmost glaze protecting the chicken. However, you can too use complete chicken breasts or thighs. If utilizing bone-in, I counsel doubling the marinade.
- For appetizers, use common boneless chicken thighs or breasts. As soon as cooked, reduce the chicken into small items and thread on small picket skewers or toothpicks to serve.
- The chicken is fabulous served in pita or tortillas with a tangy coleslaw or Israeli salad.
- Range the quantity of sriracha warmth you want. The quantity within the recipe is pretty spicy. I do know some will prefer it even hotter. Or some by no means.
- Change the lime with lemon.
- Strive including coriander or a favorite spice to the marinade.
- Should you don’t have a grill, broil the chicken skewers within the oven for 9-12 minutes.
- Cooking time will take longer with bone-in chicken. Warmth one facet of the grill on low, the opposite on medium excessive. Cook dinner till nearly carried out ((140F) on the low facet, then swap to the warmer facet to brown and end cooking.
- Skip the skewers and cook dinner boneless or bone-in chicken (not reduce up). Nonetheless delish! And dinner in 20 minutes.
- Substitute half teaspoon garlic powder for the contemporary garlic.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30-40 minutes as a substitute of 4-6 hours or in a single day within the fridge. Or skip the marinating altogether. The flavors gained’t are as intense, however nonetheless nice. Contemplate doubling the sauce or making 1 half instance the quantity if you’re not marinating the chicken.
- Make the recipe forward for a crowd and serve it at room temperature. Or heat it briefly within the microwave for a minute or two. Don’t overdo it or the chicken will dry out and toughen.
How to make spicy honey lime chicken
Spicy Honey-Lime ChickenCourse: Main course, AppetizerCuisine: American
The combination of honey (or maple syrup), soy sauce, sriracha, lime, garlic, and ginger on this spicy honey lime chicken recipe is wicked. Delicious hot, room temp, or bloodless.
2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless thighs (or breasts), trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces Note 1
Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley; lime wedges
Skewers (metal or wooden). If the usage of wood, soak for 30 minutes before the usage of. Skewers now not needed if using uncut boneless or bone-in fowl.
- Marinade/Glaze (Note 2)
3 tbsp lime juice from 1 1/2 to 2 limes
1 tsp lime zest from one lime
6 tbsp honey or maple syrup
3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium is good if you have
1/2 tsp cornstarch (to thicken to glaze consistency) Optional
1 1/2 tbsp Sriracha sauce for pretty spicy (use more or less to taste)
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh ginger (about 1 1/2 inch of fresh ginger)
4 garlic cloves, minced or grated (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- MAKE MARINADE/SAUCE: Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Or blend them in a food processor.
- MARINATE CHICKEN: Pour half the marinade (about 1/2 cup) into a sealed zipper bag or container and add chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or 6-12 hours in fridge. Tip: if marinating overnight, I leave out lime juice and increase zest so it doesn’t ‘cook’ the chicken.
Glaze: The reserved 1/2 cup marinade will be used for glazing/basting. (Optional but suggested: Mix 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch into reserved marinade and microwave for 1 minute to make a glaze-like consistency. I do this). Set aside.
- PREPARE GRILL: Scrape grill and spray grill with oil (or dip paper towel in oil and rub on grill). Heat grill to medium-high.If using wood skewers, soak them for 30 minutes beforehand to avoid burning. Note 3
- GRILL CHICKEN SKEWERS: Skewer marinated chicken pieces onto skewers and pat dry (important). Discard the marinade used for marinating. Lightly spray chicken with oil to further avoid sticking. Grill chicken on all sides until golden brown, for 9-12 minutes in total (depending on thickness and how tightly packed the skewers are), basting once or twice with the honey lime glaze. Instant thermometer will read 160F. Rest chicken, loosely covered for 5 minutes.
- SERVE: If you have any leftover sauce, drizzle it on the chicken or warm it in microwave for 30 seconds and pass it around. Sprinkle chicken with cilantro or parsley and serve with lime wedges if desired.
- Chicken options:I prefer thighs because they are juicier and less likely to dry out when cooked. In this recipe, however, breasts work really well too when marinated.
- Instead of skewered chicken, you can also cook regular bone-in or boneless chicken (but make extra marinade for bone-in)
- Kosher chicken is particularly flavorful and juicy because it is already brined.
- Marinade/glaze: If you are using bone in chicken, I suggest doubling the marinade/glaze. In fact, you might also want to double it (or do 1 1/2 times the amounts) for extra drizzling or to soak into a side of rice or quinoa.
- No grill? Instead, chicken can be broiled in the oven, turning once, for 9-12 minutes, brushing with the glaze.
- Make Ahead: The recipe can be made ahead for a crowd and served at room temperature or cold. Or warmed briefly in the microwave for a minute or two. Don’t overdo it or the chicken will dry out and toughen.
- Nutrition value estimates include boneless chicken breasts. Thighs would have more calories and fat.
5 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories373
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 3g 15%
- Cholesterol 145mg 49%
- Sodium 1553mg 65%
- Potassium 904mg 26%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 21g
- Protein 50g 100%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.