Spicy Honey-Lime Chicken – The mixture of honey (or maple syrup), soy sauce, sriracha, lime, garlic and ginger on this spicy honey lime chicken recipe is depraved. Scrumptious sizzling, room temp or chilly.
You can also make the recipe with entire boneless chicken thighs or breasts, skewers or bone-in chicken. My favourite is boneless thighs (pictured right here) as a result of they’re so flavorful, they soak up the marinade effectively they usually have a tendency to remain moister than breasts. In the event you’ve learn any of our different hen posts, you’ve heard this. Many instances.
The candy tangy spicy hen marinade – so scrumptious – additionally works effectively with pork skewers, tenderloin or chops. Even tofu.
Listed here are some nice sides to accompany the honey lime hen: bread salad with charred snap peas, grilled corn salad, social gathering salad with grilled greens and quinoa and grilled vegetable orzo salad recipe.
Tailor To Your Taste
How to serve honey lime chicken
- I really like the grilled hen skewers format the perfect since you get the utmost glaze overlaying the hen. However you may as well use entire hen breasts or thighs. If utilizing bone-in, I recommend doubling the marinade.
- For appetizers, use common boneless hen thighs or breasts. As soon as cooked, minimize the hen into small items and thread on small wood skewers or toothpicks to serve.
- The hen is fabulous served in pita or tortillas with a tangy coleslaw or Israeli salad.
- Fluctuate the quantity of sriracha warmth you want. The quantity within the recipe is pretty spicy. I do know some will prefer it even hotter. Or some by no means.
- Change the lime with lemon.
- Strive including coriander or a favourite spice to the marinade.
- In the event you don’t have a grill, broil the hen skewers within the oven for 9-12 minutes.
- Cooking time will take longer with bone in hen. Warmth one facet of the grill on low, the opposite on medium excessive. Prepare dinner till virtually carried out ((140F) on the low facet, then swap to the warmer facet to brown and end cooking.
- Skip the skewers and cook dinner boneless or bone-in hen (not minimize up). Nonetheless delish! And dinner in 20 minutes.
- Substitute half teaspoon garlic powder for the contemporary garlic.
- Marinate at room temperature for 30-40 minutes as an alternative of 4-6 hours or in a single day within the fridge. Or skip the marinating altogether. The flavors received’t be as intense, however nonetheless nice. Take into account doubling the sauce or making 1 half instances the quantity if you’re not marinating the hen.
- Make the recipe forward for a crowd and serve it at room temperature. Or heat it briefly within the microwave for a minute or two. Don’t overdo it or the hen will dry out and toughen.
Skewers (metallic or wooden). If utilizing wooden, soak for 30 minutes earlier than utilizing. Skewers not wanted if utilizing uncut boneless or bone in hen.
- 2 half lbs boneless skinless thighs (or breasts), trimmed and minimize into 2 inch items Note 1
- Garnish: 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or parsley; lime wedges
Marinade/Glaze (Note 2)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium is nice in case you have
- 6 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lime zest from one lime
- 3 tbsp lime juice from 1 half to 2 limes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated (or half tsp garlic powder)
- 1 half tbsp grated contemporary ginger (about 1 half inch of contemporary ginger)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 half tbsp Sriracha sauce for fairly spicy (use roughly to style)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- half tsp cornstarch (to thicken to glaze consistency) Non-obligatory
MAKE MARINADE/SAUCE: Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a small bowl. Or blend them in a food processor.
MARINATE CHICKEN: Pour half the marinade (about 1/2 cup) into a sealed zipper bag or container and add chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature or 6-12 hours in fridge. Tip: if marinating overnight, I leave out lime juice and increase zest so it doesn’t ‘cook’ the chicken.
Glaze: The reserved 1/2 cup marinade will be used for glazing/basting. (Optional but suggested: Mix 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch into reserved marinade and microwave for 1 minute to make a glaze-like consistency. I do this). Set aside.
PREPARE GRILL: Scrape grill and spray grill with oil (or dip paper towel in oil and rub on grill). Heat grill to medium-high. If using wood skewers, soak them for 30 minutes beforehand to avoid burning. Note 3.
GRILL CHICKEN SKEWERS: Skewer marinated chicken pieces onto skewers and pat dry (important). Discard the marinade used for marinating. Lightly spray chicken with oil to further avoid sticking. Grill chicken on all sides until golden brown, for 9-12 minutes in total (depending on thickness and how tightly packed the skewers are), basting once or twice with the honey lime glaze. Instant thermometer will read 160F. Rest chicken, loosely covered for 5 minutes.
SERVE: If you have any leftover sauce, drizzle it on the chicken or warm it in microwave for 30 seconds and pass it around. Sprinkle chicken with cilantro or parsley and serve with lime wedges if desired.
- Chicken options:
- I favor thighs as a result of they’re juicier and fewer more likely to dry out when cooked. On this recipe, nonetheless, breasts work very well too when marinated.
- As a substitute of skewered hen, you may as well cook dinner common bone-in or boneless hen (however make further marinade for bone-in)
- Kosher hen is especially flavorful and juicy as a result of it’s already brined.
- Marinade/glaze: In case you are utilizing bone in hen, I recommend doubling the marinade/glaze. In actual fact, you may also need to double it (or do 1 half instances the quantities) for further drizzling or to soak right into a facet of rice or quinoa.
- No grill? As a substitute, hen may be broiled within the oven, turning as soon as, for 9-12 minutes, brushing with the glaze.
- Make Forward: The recipe may be made forward for a crowd and served at room temperature or chilly. Or warmed briefly within the microwave for a minute or two. Do not overdo it or the chicken will dry out and toughen.