Southwest Chicken Wrap – This Crispy Southwest Hen Wrap is a simple members of the family night meal or lunch recipe that it will likely be ready to serve in most effective twenty 5 mins! It arrives filled with crispy or grilled hen, refreshing vegetables, black beans, and a satisfying southwest dressing. This Southwest Wrap is bound to transform part of the family members night meal rotation!
I need to cling our circle of relatives dinners, and lunch recipes simple and simple, and this Southwest Hen Wrap is amongst our favorites. I like how purposeful wrap recipes could be. Principally incorporate together with your protein, layer the use of your most well-liked veggies, and best with a delectable selfmade dressing. Hen wraps are simple plentiful to own ready for any weeknight night meal, or meal prep and feature them for a very simple at the run lunch.
Must you’re keen on simple hen recipes to your family members dinners, you may be able to need to read about out our Sheet Pan Hen Fajitas, Honey Mustard Grilled Hen, and our Honey Garlic Hen Breasts.
Southwest Hen Wrap Elements
- Hen Tenders: To assist stay this recipe fundamental I need to acquire the frozen crispy breaded hen breasts and pa them whilst within the oven. To chop once more on power, you’ll additionally use grilled hen tenders.
- Flour Tortillas: Employ your liked flour, overall wheat, protein, low carb, or spinach tortillas.
- Lettuce: I like to make the most of romaine lettuce, then again you’ll use no matter you have got inside the refrigerator.
- Tomato: Come to a decision a pair medium-large tomatoes and decrease into slice. Don’t like tomatoes, forget they all in combination.
- Black Beans: Black beans are a excellent useful resource of fiber, and protein. Drain and rinse black beans previous to serving.
- Corn: You’ll use canned or frozen corn that has been thawed.
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese: I need to maintain it simple and employ the shredded cheddar cheese that I ceaselessly have readily available. Different superb choices are Mexican, Colby Jack, and Monterey Jack cheeses.
- Mayonnaise: I favor to make use of lite mayo to chop down on power and extra fats.
- Milk: Any form of milk will carry out, I used 1% milk.
- Salsa: I generally have our selfmade canned salsa to be had, however any form of salsa will carry out on this dressing.
- Taco Seasoning: Taco seasoning supplies such superb taste to this southwest dressing, I at all times have our selfmade Taco Seasoning readily available. You’ll make a big batch and stay it within the cabinet, a lot more than store bought taco seasoning.
- Cumin: Cumin additionally provides such improbable taste to this selfmade dressing.
make the most efficient Southwest Hen Wrap
- Preheat oven in accordance with package deal instructions and bake hen strips.
- In just a little blending bowl insert mayonnaise, milk, salsa, taco seasoning, and cumin. Mix neatly and set aside.
- While hen is baking, location thawed corn right into a modest skillet with 1 Tbsp. oil and cook dinner dinner proper up till corn is flippantly browned.
- Remove Hen from the oven and decrease into modest strips.
- Begin assembling your hen wraps via together with a couple of Tbsp. within the southwest dressing at the lower 50 % of the tortilla. Upload romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, black beans, corn, hen strips, and drizzle much more southwest dressing on high.
- Roll up tortilla tightly, decrease in fifty % and supply with a facet of southwest dressing. Revel in!
What sort of hen am i able to use?
For the hen you are able to use frozen breaded or grilled hen tenders, blank grilled hen, rotisserie hen, or leftover hen. Should you are using breaded hen you power and fats usually are just a little upper than for those who were to make use of grilled hen tenders. The item I in point of fact like in relation to this recipe is how simple it is to throw collectively.
Precisely what are the most efficient tortillas to make use of?
You’ll be able to in finding somewhat a couple of distinct forms of tortillas that you are able to use. I’d now not advise using corn tortillas as a result of they will fall apart whenever you incorporate the southwest dressing and toppings. My most well-liked flour tortillas to paintings with are complete wheat, protein, low carb, or spinach tortillas.
stay leftover Southwest hen wraps
Southwest hen wrap substances are largest saved in numerous bins to keep away from each and every probably the most substances from obtaining soggy. Stay them in air limited bins within the refrigerator for up to four occasions. If you end up ready, re-heat hen and bring together wraps just like the recipe directions underneath.
Southwest Chicken WrapCourse: Chicken, Main CourseCuisine: American, Mexican
Southwest Chicken Wrap – This Crispy Southwest Chicken Wrap is an easy family members evening meal or lunch recipe that will probably be able to serve in only twenty five minutes! It arrives full of crispy or grilled chicken, refreshing greens, black beans, and a delightful southwest dressing. This Southwest Wrap is certain to become component of the loved ones evening meal rotation!
2 medium tomatoes, cut into slices
1 pkg. frozen corn, thawed
6-7 crispy chicken tenders, cooked according to package directions.
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. oil
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
6 flour tortillas
6 romaine lettuce leaves
- Southwest Dressing
1/2 cup milk
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. taco seasoning
1/2 cup salsa
- Preheat oven according to package directions and bake chicken strips.
- In a small mixing bowl add mayonnaise, milk, salsa, taco seasoning, and cumin. Mix well and set aside.
- Add oil and thawed corn into a small skillet and cook until corn is brown in color. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove Chicken from the oven and cut into small strips.
- Start assembling your chicken wraps by adding a couple Tbsp. of the southwest dressing to the lower half of the tortilla. Add romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes, black beans, corn, chicken strips, and drizzle more southwest dressing on top.
- Roll up tortilla tightly, cut in half and serve with a side of southwest dressing. Enjoy!
- *Nutrition Disclaimer: All facts supplied on this web page is intended for informational functions handiest. Nutrition information are an estimate and no longer guaranteed to be correct. I am now not a licensed nutritionist and any dietary facts shared on Modernmealmakeover.Com have to simplest be used as a general guiding principle.
Serving: 1wrap | Energy: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 31.5g | Protein: 19.9g | Fats: 17.7g | Saturated Fats: 5.3g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 3.4g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5.2g | Trans Fats: 0.2g | Ldl cholesterol: 21.8mg | Sodium: 692mg | Fiber: 13.9g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 169.2mg