SESAME CHICKEN BOWLS – Tremendous saucy, crisp-tender sesame hen! 1000x significantly better than takeout, made in 30min or considerably much less. Supply with rice and broccoli. SO SO Excellent.
I have been producing those sesame hen bowls all week. From time to time with lentils, from time to time with brown rice, frequently with quinoa and brown rice – principally virtually any grain I’m able to to find/fritter away in my pantry.
Just because on the conclusion of the operating day, the saucy bits out of your hen may well be served at the side of one thing and each little factor. It’s candy, it’s tangy, it’s savory – it actually is each little factor you need it to change into.
It’s so superb – you’ll be able to supply it up along with your appreciated veggies because of the reality, smartly, veggies and vegetables are very good for you. Simply be sure to coat them throughout the leftover sauce and you’re going to now not have any leftovers (even between your choosy eaters).
SESAME CHICKEN BOWLSCourse: Chicken recipes
SESAME CHICKEN BOWLS – Super saucy, crisp-tender sesame chicken! 1000x a lot better than takeout, made in 30min or significantly less. Provide with rice and broccoli. SO SO Good.
12 ounces broccoli florets, about 2-3 cups
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 1/2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
1 cup basmati rice
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
4 1/2 tablespoons corn starch, divided
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup orange marmalade
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Place broccoli florets into a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water. Cover and steam for 5 mins, or until cooked through and vibrant green; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken stock, orange marmalade, orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, Sriracha, if using, and 1 tablespoon cornstarch.
- Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; sprinkle with remaining 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch until evenly coated.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Working in two batches, add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Stir in chicken stock mixture until thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in sesame seeds.
- Serve chicken immediately with rice and broccoli, garnished with green onion, if desired.