Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal – This vegan Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal is produced with pantry staples which is a fantastic healthful breakfast that the total household will enjoy. Effortless to generate with minimal prep, it’s a delicious make-forward breakfast that may be loved on hectic mornings or brunching with pals.
Baked oatmeal is this type of a great way to begin the day! Large in fiber and protein, this breakfast will keep your experience full right up until lunchtime. Not only can it be good for you, however, it tastes so delightful – peanut butter and banana is this type of traditional combination! My youngsters considered it had been dessert when it had been baking while in the oven!
Oats: Use previous-fashioned oats for this recipe. Oats really are an excellent supply of fiber and nutritional vitamins. Use gluten-free accredited oats in the event you have an intolerance.
Cinnamon: To include just a little sweetness and taste.
Baking powder: This will help t include a nice lightweight texture towards the oatmeal.
Bananas: Use overripe bananas. They may be naturally sweeter and richer in anti-oxidants.
Almond Milk: I used almond milk to maintain this breakfast vegan. You can use one more non-dairy milk or dairy ilk should you desire.
Peanut butter: Use creamy peanut butter for that best texture.
Maple syrup: To naturally sweeten the oatmeal.
Floor flaxseed: Helps to bind the ingredients jointly with no usage of eggs.
Vanilla extract: For taste and sweetness.
How can you make banana-baked oatmeal?
- Start off by mashing two ripe bananas inside a bowl. Then incorporate the soaked ingredients on best, including the peanut butter, maple syrup, floor flaxseed (which combined with liquid replaces the egg) in addition to almond milk. Mix all of it together right up until effectively merged.
- Set the dry ingredients such as the oats, cinnamon baking powder, and salt, into a baking dish such as this a single and whisk them along with a fork. Pour the damp along with the combination of the oats and stir to mix.
- Bake inside a preheated oven until finally, the mixture is about.
- When it arrives out of the oven, you are going to recognize the perimeters of the baking dish are browned and the banana baked oatmeal pulls far away from the sides. That’s when you know it’s done! I love to incorporate a drizzle of peanut butter and a few banana slices to provide the oatmeal…delicious!
Tips for creating banana baked oatmeal
- Use previous-fashioned oats for this recipe. Swift oats are chopped into finer items, which makes them quicker to cook dinner. Although the flavor exactly the same as rolled oats, the feel of swift oats is much finer, so they absorb more dampness and can dry out the baked oatmeal.
- Do not combine the oats with milk forward of time. If you’d like to prep the recipe midway just before baking, you are able to mix the moist ingredients in one bowl as well as the dry ingredients in an additional bowl. Just don’t mix them right up until you are ready to bake. In any other case, the oats will take in all the liquid and produce a dry texture.
- Include a lot more liquid for any softer regularity. The regularity of this is sort of similar to a dense muffin but I like that it stays compact like that. If you really feel the consistency is too dry, be happy to incorporate 1/4-1/2 cup more milk.
- Double the recipe for the larger group. If you double this banana-baked oatmeal, make use of a large baking dish and just incorporate 10 minutes towards the baking time.
- Did you know it’s truly easy to create your own peanut butter?!
Regularly questioned inquiries
Am I able to make this with metal lower oats?
Positive, even so, the exact measurements and time will vary, so verify out my baked steel minimize oatmeal recipe instead.
Can you use any milk for baked oatmeal?
I use almond milk for this vegan breakfast, but it will function effectively with any dairy or nondairy milk. The flavor of coconut milk would function really well with the peanut butter and banana, and oat, soy, or hemp would all be very good substitutes. To help keep this recipe vegan, I utilized maple syrup for the sweetener, but when you are not vegan, you can utilize honey alternatively if that is everything you have.
Just how long is it possible to shop it?
Baked oatmeal is ideal for breakfast food prep. I usually create a double batch with a Sunday to enjoy throughout the 7 days. Shop the cooled oatmeal bake in the fridge in an airtight container and it will hold nicely for approximately 5 times. I prefer to then reheat specific portions within the microwave for approximately thirty seconds just before serving.
Could you freeze it?
This banana-baked oatmeal freezes actually nicely and will hold in this manner for around 3 months without influencing the texture. Wrap the oatmeal in personal parts inside a foil and area within a freezer bag. Thaw it within the fridge overnight and reheat with a tablespoon of milk or drinking water inside the microwave.
Baked oatmeal is a company household favorite listed here, no matter whether it’s with bananas, blueberries, or apples. The kids adore taking in it and I really like the ability to bake it forward of your time! Packed stuffed with vitamins and minerals, it is a breakfast you are able to be ok with serving!