Parmesan Crusted Cod – an easy, healthy, delicious fish meal! – Parmesan Baked Cod is mildly flavored cod topped with Parmesan cheese, paprika, and parsley, then roasted to tender perfection. An excellent, straightforward, tasty dinner choice that’s fast to make and ideal for busy weeknights! This wholesome meal can serve in lower than 30 minutes and has terrific opinions!
There are many such nights once I want a simple dinner on the desk as quickly as doable. This baked cod matches the invoice! It takes lower than 30 minutes to make but is filled with tons of taste. This parmesan baked cod is a type of trusty recipe I maintain in my standard meal rotation. It’s the proper lightened-up important course that you would be able to serve alongside a myriad of facet dishes. It cooks up fast and requires little or no arms on time. Plus, it’s SUPER tasty! One of the entire households will take pleasure in!
Parmesan Crusted Cod – How Do You Make Baked Cod?
This recipe begins with mixing the parmesan cheese, paprika, parsley, and salt in a shallow bowl collectively. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the cod, after which dredge the fish within the cheese combination and switch to a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet. It could be obligatory to press the cheese into the fish softly.
I paired the cod with broccoli and was even capable of bake it on the identical sheet pan. I sprayed a little bit of cooking spray excessively of the broccoli and seasoned it with salt and Dealer Joe’s Regularly Seasoning (any favorite seasoning would work). How straightforward is that? The whole meal was ready-to-go in lower than 30 minutes. Wahoo!
Read also: Easy Beef Empanada Recipe
My kiddos are fairly choosy relating to seafood; however, they loved this meal due to cheese. Yep, cheese makes the whole lot better- doesn’t it?! Suggestions For Baked Cod
- This Parmesan cheese topping will work nicely on different varieties of fish akin to swordfish, halibut, salmon, and trout.
- I like to recommend utilizing recent wild cod each time doable. Farmed contemporary cod can even work nicely; however, rough tend to have extra vitamins, which is why it’s the higher alternative if it’s obtainable.
- For a crispier crust, you should use panko or ordinary bread crumbs rather than parmesan. Or use a mix of each.
- Add any seasonings that you like: garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, and so forth. Do go straightforward on the salt. As a result of Parmesan cheese is salty.
How Do You Know When Cod Is Achieved Cooking?
Cod is cooked using when the fish flakes only with a fork and seems opaque. In case you’re unsure that the cod is finished, you should use a digital thermometer (like this one) to measure the interior temperature. If the weather is not less than 145 levels F, then the cod can eat. You wish to be sure not to overcook the fish, possibly getting rugged and dry.
Read also: Cod Fish Tacos
Parmesan baked cod is bursting with wholesome, recent taste and pairs nicely with roasted veggies and brown rice or quinoa. It might even be pretty atop a lovely inexperienced salad with juicy backyard tomatoes. Mainly, no matter you wish to serve with hen, pork or salmon would additionally style nicely with baked cod. It doesn’t have a fishy style, so that most individuals will take pleasure in it.
Is Cod Wholesome?
Cod is a superior choice for a nutritious diet. It’s excessive in protein and low in fats and carbohydrates. Cod is stuffed with nutritional vitamins and minerals and is a superb supply of Vitamin B6 and B12. It’s undoubtedly one of my favorite seafood varieties to take pleasure in, and I attempt to ensure my household eats it as soon as every week.
Reheating Baked Cod
Leftover cod will maintain nicely within the fridge for a few days. For the most significant outcomes, reheat cod in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes at 350ºF. You can too reheat the baked cod by broiling it within the range for a couple of minutes.
This baked cod is undoubtedly one of my go-to dinner recipes; even the youngsters will, fortunately, eat it! It’s the proper dish for these nights if you don’t feel like cooking. In my view, you possibly can by no means have too many fast meal choices, and this is among the greatest.
*For an additional crisp to the fish, attempt including about half cup Panko breadcrumbs to the parmesan cheese combination.
Parmesan Crusted Cod – an easy, healthy, delicious fish meal!Course: Seafood recipes
Parmesan Baked Cod is a lightly flavored codfish topped with Parmesan cheese, paprika, and parsley and grilled to perfection. A smooth, tasty dinner that’s brief to make and ideal for busy weeknights!
lemon wedges (optional: for serving) cut into wedges
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons paprika
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
4 cod fillets (about 6 oz. each)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the Parmesan, paprika, parsley and salt. Drizzle the cod with olive oil (rubbing it into the front and back of the fillet), then dredge in the cheese mixture, pressing it in lightly with your fingers. Transfer to the baking sheet. Top cod with any leftover cheese mixture.
- Bake until the fish is opaque in the thickest part, 10-15 minutes. Serve with the lemon slices.
- I baked my cod with broccoli florets at the equal large baking sheet, and the timing become spot on. I sprayed the broccoli with coconut oil cooking spray and sprinkled it with salt and my favored seasoning salt (Regularly Seasoning from Dealer Joe’s). My complete meal was cooked… Straightforward peasy!
- *For an extra crisp to the fish, try adding about 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs to the parmesan cheese mixture.