Outback Bloomin’ Onion Petals (Copycat) – Making Outback Bloomin’ Onion Petals at residence is really easy! I like making the precise unfold aside onions too, identical to from Outback, however, I LOVe making these as a result of they’re NOT difficult in any respect!
You don’t have to fret how you chop the onion or if it’s going to crumble. Pair these with this simple Copycat Bloom Onion Sauce and you’ve got the right one chunk snack!
How to make Copycat Bloomin’ Onion Petals:
- Take the dry components and blend them collectively in a bowl. Then take the most components and blend them collectively in a special bowl.
- Prep the onions by slicing the ends off and slicing them in half. Then slice the onions into 1-inch petals and set them apart.
- In an excessive facet skillet, add oil and warmth over medium warmth for about 5 minutes or till sizzling and flippantly rippling.
- To coat your onions, dip into the moist batter, then the dry batter, then again into the moist, and dry once more. put aside and repeat for all petals.
- Sure, you need to coat them TWICE. This makes it so the batter actually sticks to the onions and also you don’t lose all of it when you’re frying it…that will be tragic.
- Drop them into the new oil and allow them to fry for 3-Four minutes, then fastidiously flip them over if wanted. Take away from oil and place onto a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat for all of the onions.
- Serve instantly with Bloom Sauce. See the step-by-step recipe video on easy methods to make Bloom Sauce beneath!
Tips on making Outback Onion Petals:
When making the copycat outback bloomin’ onion petals there are a pair of issues to recollect:
- Be sure you have recent onions! I like utilizing Vidalia onions however you should use no matter what yellow onion you like.
- Use an excessive facet skillet for frying the petals. It will forestall a giant mess.
- Serve these instantly. They don’t maintain effectively and can get soggy if left for some time.
How to make in the AIR FRYER:
- Comply with the instructions as much as step 5. Don’t warm oil in a skillet. After you coat the onions, then we are going to cook dinner them within the air fryer.
- Place the petals into the air fryer leaving a bit of house between them. You’ll seemingly make in batches. Calmly spray the tops of the onion petals with oil spray (not pam, precise oil spray).
- Set the air fryer to 400 levels, and Four minutes. Open the air fryer and switch the petals over fastidiously. Then spray the tops once more. Shut and cook dinner for Four extra minutes, including extra minutes if not browned. Serve the copycat outback bloomin’ onion petals instantly!
Best Dips to serve with these petals:
- Copycat Bloom Sauce can be your most genuine dip for the petals because it’s the identical dip Outback Steakhouse serves with their bloomin’ onion.
- Zax Sauce is basically scrumptious with these petals as effectively. It’s not spicy so if you happen to like a bit milder sauce, this pairs nice.
- If you’re a ranch lover like me, then do that Jalapeno Ranch with the Bloomin’ Onion Petals. So good!
Outback Bloomin’ Onion Petals (Copycat)
Outback Bloomin’ Onion Petals taste much like the popular recipe! Pair them with the Bloom Sauce and all people can be begging for extra!
- Wet batter
1/2 cup milk
1 medium egg
- Dry batter
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
3-4 small onions
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4-6 cups vegetable oil , or other frying oil
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 cup flour
- Mix all your wet ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix all your dry ingredients in a small shallow bowl.
- Slice the ends off your onions, then cut them in half. Slice the onions into 1 inch petals and set aside.
- In a large frying pot, add oil and heat over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until hot and lightly rippling.
- To coat your onions, dip into the wet batter, then the dry batter, then back into the wet, and dry again. set aside and repeat for all petals.
- Drop them into the hot oil and let them fry for 3-4 minutes, then carefully turn them over if needed. Remove from oil and place onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat for all the onions.
- Serve immediately with Bloom Sauce.