Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats – Channel all the flavor of fried jalapeño poppers right into a more healthy baked zucchini boat!
Do you like jalapeno poppers, however, hate how unhealthy they’re? We’re right here to ship the products. Our Jalapeno Popper Zucchini boat recipe provides a contemporary twist on the traditional appetizer. It channels all the flavors of your favorite crispy fried food, making it considerably more healthy by turning it right into a zucchini boat. This low-carb aspect dish or appetizer has all the flavor of jalapeno poppers, together with a spicy kick and all of the melted, creamy, tacky taste you like.
Why Use Zucchini?
Do you know zucchinis are technically labeled as a fruit? Botanically, they’re thought of like a berry! Zucchinis are wonderful meals to incorporate into your common food plan due to their excessive water and fiber. Also, they comprise important quantities of minerals, like potassium and manganese, together with nutritional vitamins B6, C, Ok, riboflavin, and folate. The true purpose we use them for this recipe is their delicate taste, which makes them tremendously versatile. Zucchinis pair effectively with nearly every part!
Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats
For these Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats, attempt to discover zucchini which can be on the broader aspect. The larger the zucchini, the extra filling you possibly can pack in. Then, start by slicing the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out sufficient vegetable flesh so that you’ll have plenty of room for the filling, however, go away sufficient so the zucchini will hold its form. Those who assume your zucchini could fall over and leak within the oven, be at liberty to chop a bit off its bottom to create a flat platform.
You’ll then bake the zucchini to melt them and make the zucchini partially tender. Now comes the magic: Add all the fields and return the zucchini to the oven till the cheese is browned and effervescent.
Now that the zucchini boat is done let’s talk about the toppings. For those who needed to make this dish a bit of extra filling, you could flip it right into a main dish or a light-weight dinner by adding cooked shredded chicken or peanut butter to the cream cheese filling. For the jalapeno, part of these Jalapeno Popper Zucchini Boats, be at liberty to make use of pickled or recent in keeping with your style. Whereas we’ve advised mincing them, you could additionally slice just a few on high for presentation.
On the subject of pickled issues, we expect these Oven-Fried Pickles would style nice when served alongside this recipe. And if you happen to’re into the entire zucchini boat idea, don’t cease right here! We additionally made Pizza Zucchini Boats with all of your favorite Italian flavors. Oregano, mozzarella, garlic, and a complete lot of yum.
Preparing These For a Party?
Whereas this recipe feeds eight, this Jalapeno Popper Zucchini boat recipe may be double, triple, or quadruple to feed the crowd! You might additionally minimize the eight boats into smaller items and serve them with toothpicks for an enjoyable celebration appetizer.
Jalapeno Popper Zucchini BoatsCourse: Appetizers, Side DishCuisine: American
This recipe gives a healthy twist to a classic junk food appetizer. Your friends and own family are certain to like the cheesy, spicy goodness!
- US Customary – Metric
4 zucchini halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
8 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup cheddar cheese fat-free, shredded
6 turkey bacon strips cooked, crumbled
2 jalapeños seeds removed, minced
2 garlic cloves fresh, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush the zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place cut side up on a baking sheet spray with non stick spray. Bake for about 10 minutes or just until the zucchini begins to soften.
- Remove zucchini from oven and let cool. Once cool to the touch, scoop out the middle of the zucchini to create a boat. Set aside the scooped portion.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese. Mix on medium high speed until soft and fluffy. Squeeze out any excess liquid from the scooped out portion of the zucchini and add to the cream cheese, mix on low until combined. Gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the center for the zucchini boats and bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese mix is melt-y. Let cool slightly before serving.
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories228
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10g 50%
- Cholesterol 56mg 19%
- Sodium 717mg 30%
- Potassium 359mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 10g 20%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.