How to make the 30-minute Authentic Pad Thai Recipe – Under 30 minutes fix dinner with this recipe of authentic pad thai recipe, with authentic pad thai sauce recipe, which makes this best and easy real pad thai any time! Add chicken, vegetable, and shrimp as you like and enjoy this restaurant style pad thai recipe at home under 30 mins or less. This is the best authentic pad thai EVER!
Thai food is one of the famous cuisines and this authentic pad thai recipe is what you need in your life to make the restaurant-style Thai food at home.
This restaurant style pad thai recipe is made of a few basic ingredients which are very easy to put together.
What is Pad Thai?
Pad Thai Ingredients:
- Noodles: Rice noodles are used in making the pad thai noodles. As per the package, instructions either boil the noodles or soak them in hot water till they are soft and then drain them under cold water, toss with little oil.
- Sauce: The pad thai sauce is made of a mix of tamarind puree, brown sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, vinegar, and water.
- Vegetables: You can choose whatever vegetables that you love. I have used garlic, carrot, green onion, and bean sprouts.
- Protein: Add the protein of your choice as per your personal preference. This recipe works very well with eggs, shrimp, chicken. I have used all three in this recipe just to make it tastier.
- Toppings: Crushed peanuts, lemon wedges, cilantro chopped is something I have added on the noodles.
What are pad thai noodles made of?
- What all vegetables can we use in pad thai recipe? The vegetables that go in this recipe of pad thai noodles are garlic, spring onion, carrots, mung bean sprouts.
- What is pad thai sauce? Pad thai sauce is made of mainly tamarind puree, fish sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, oyster sauce, brown sugar, water, and vinegar. If you like noodles with a lot of sauce then you can double the sauce ingredients.
- Noodles used in pad thai are rice noodles, which are slightly wide. As per package instructions, either boil the noodles or soak them in hot water. Further, run them under cold water, and toss them with some oil to avoid sticking together.
- The protein used in this recipe is shrimp and chicken, first, marinate them with salt and black pepper powder.
How to make pad thai noodles from scratch?
Step2: In a bowl, add the eggs and whisk well as shown in the picture below.
In another bowl add the ingredients for pad thai sauce and whisk well to make the sauce as shown in the picture below.
Step3: In a wok/cast iron pan, add oil and when its hot, add the chopped garlic and spring onion whites chopped. Saute well.
Step4: Add the chopped vegetables and saute well. Further, move this to one side of the pan, add some more extra oil.
Further, add the shrimp and chicken, saute till the shrimp and chicken are cooked well.
Pro Tips to make the pad thai noodles recipe:
- Tamarind puree is the most important ingredient in the recipe of pad thai. If you are unable to find the tamarind puree in Asian markets then you can get raw tamarind from Asian/Indian stores near you. Just soak that in 4 Tbsp of hot water for a few minutes and squeeze to extract the pulp. Mix the extracted pulp with the hot water that was used to soak the tamarind and that is good to go.
- Fish sauce and brown sugar are other important aspects of the pad thai sauce, so please do not skip these ingredients too. If you are worried about any foul smell f fish sauce then trust me, when all the pad thai sauce ingredients are mixed together then the fish sauce does not have any negative smell on the final noodle dish.
- Rice noodles that I have used in this recipe required boiling and further tossing them under cold water. Please check the brand of rice noodles you use to see if the noodles need boiling or just enough to soak for a few minutes in hot water.
- You can see in the steps that I have used fresh mung bean sprouts. you can use the mung bean sprouts available in the Asian stores or make your own sprouts at home. I have not explained in this recipe the steps to make your own sprouts, but will surely try to add the details in the future.
How to make the 30-minute Authentic Pad Thai RecipeCourse: Pad Thai recipes
Under half-hour restore dinner with this recipe of genuine pad thai recipe, with natural pad thai sauce recipe, which makes this exceptional and clean real pad thai any time! Add bird, vegetable, and shrimp as you like, and enjoy this restaurant fashion pad thai recipe at home below 30 minutes or less. This is the first-class proper pad thai EVER!
- For Thai Sauce:
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Tamarind Puree
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp Fish Sauce
1 Tbsp Rice/White Vinegar
3 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsp Water
2 Tbsp Sriracha
- For Pad Thai Noodles:
4 Tbsp Oil
8 Small, Shrimp, cleaned, deveined
1/3 cup Chicken, cut into 1-inch chunks
1/4 cup Green Onion/scallions, chopped
4 oz/ 125 grams Rice Noodles
Salt and Pepper Powder as per need
3 Garlic, cloves, chopped
1/4 cup Carrot, julienned
1/2 cup Mung Bean Sprouts
2 Eggs whisked
- For Garnish:
1/4 cup Peanuts, dry roasted and roughly crushed
- Cook the rice noodles as per package instructions or soak them in hot water. Further, run the noodles through the cold water, and toss with oil to avoid sticking to each other.
- In a bowl, add the eggs and whisk well as shown in the picture below.
- In another bowl add the ingredients for pad thai sauce and whisk well to make the sauce as shown in the picture below.
- In a wok/cast iron pan, add oil and when its hot, add the chopped garlic and spring onion whites chopped. Saute well.
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute well. Further, move this to one side of the pan, add some more extra oil.
- Further, add the shrimp and chicken, saute till the shrimp and chicken are cooked well.
- Move the cooked shrimp and chicken to again to one side of the pan, add the eggs, and scramble well and mix well with the cooked veggies, shrimp, and chicken.
- Add the rice noodles in the pan as shown in the picture.
- Add the sauce to the pan, and toss well to coat the noodles well with the sauce.
- Finally, add the mung bean sprouts and further toss so that noodles, chicken, shrimp, and veggies mix well.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts, chopped cilantro.
- Serve while warm.
- Tamarind puree is the maximum critical aspect in the recipe of pad thai. If you cannot locate the tamarind puree in Asian markets, you could get raw tamarind from Asian/Indian stores close to you. Simply soak in 4 tablespoons of hot water for a few minutes and squeeze it out to remove the pulp. Mix the pulp that has been extracted with new water that changed into used to soak the tamarind, which is ideal for moving.
- Fish sauce and brown sugar are other vital elements of the pad thai sauce, so please do now not pass these substances too. If you’re worried about approximately any foul scent f fish sauce, then consider me; while all of the pad thai sauce substances are combined, then the fish sauce does now not have any terrible scent on the last noodle dish
- The vermicelli I use in this recipe must be boiled and tossing them under bloodless water. Please check the emblem of rice noodles you operate to see if the noodles want burning or it could be simply soaked for a few minutes in warm water.
- You can see in the steps that I have used fresh mung bean sprouts. You may use the mung bean sprouts within the Asian shops or make your sprouts at home. I even have no longer defined in this recipe the steps to make your very own sprouts, but I will genuinely try to add the information inside the destiny.
5 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories964.11
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 11.16g 56%
- Cholesterol 96.28mg 33%
- Sodium 2309.7mg 97%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 12.43g 50%
- Protein 38.26g 77%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.