Honey Lemon Chicken – ASimple + Scrumptious Lemon Rooster is one thing I can’t get sufficient of! Nothing too fancy, merely saucy lemon rooster cooked in a single pan, with SIMPLE substances. That is nonetheless one of my favorite meals! Serve with an aspect of broccoli or inexperienced beans, possibly brown rice or quinoa, and WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!
Makes Four servings
- 1 lb. boneless skinless rooster breast cutlets
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- 2 Tbsps clarified butter/ghee, or unrefined coconut oil
- Six contemporary garlic cloves, crushed completely
- 1/2 cup rooster bone broth
- 2 Tbsps uncooked honey
- juice & the zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp gluten-free flour or Arrowroot powder
- freshly chopped parsley or basil
- further lemon slices for garnish
- Melt butter/ghee in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season your chicken with sea salt and pepper on both sides, then sauté until golden browned and juices run clear, about 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove your chicken from the skillet, then set aside and cover.
- In that same preheated skillet, add crushed garlic cloves and sauté for 1 minute, over medium, just until fragrant.
- Pour in your chicken broth and bring to a simmer, scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add in your honey, lemon juice + zest, and gluten-free flour, then whisk briskly until the flour is well incorporated.
- Continue to simmer and stir until your sauce thickens a bit, then return chicken to your skillet and spoon some sauce on top. Cook another minute until just heated through.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs.
- Serve with asparagus, green beans, or broccoli, and quinoa or brown rice.
- Spoon sauce over everything, and enjoy!