Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and Vegetables – This recipe is a full hibachi hen dinner at home! With eating place-fashion sautéed greens, fried rice, and awesome tender bird, this hibachi recipe is served with a highly spiced mustard dipping sauce that certainly transports you to the Japanese steakhouse!
Why This Hibachi Chicken With Fried Rice Is So Good
- This hibachi hen and fried rice recipe is wealthy, perfectly seasoned, and tastes love it turned into just made at your favored Japanese restaurant. This the ideal manner to make hibachi at home!
- The mustard sauce is nice and only a little highly spiced, and adds a flavorful kick to the chicken, greens, and fried rice. You’ll want to eat it on pinnacle of the whole thing!
How To Make This Hibachi Chicken Recipe
- Start by making the fried rice. Heat the avocado oil on medium high in a large skillet or wok, then add the diced onion and frozen vegetables. Sauté about three minutes, or until the onions are almost translucent and tender. Move the veggies to the side of pan.
- Add the eggs to the skillet, scrambling them. Add your cooked rice and four tablespoons of butter. Cook everything for five minutes while stirring frequently. Add four tablespoons of soy sauce and cook for an additional minute. Scoop the fried rice into serving bowls and pack the rice tightly to keep everything hot.
- Make the chicken and hibachi vegetables at the same time in separate skillets (use the same one you used for the fried rice for the chicken). For the chicken, heat one and a half teaspoons of sesame oil and one tablespoon of avocado oil in the skillet you just used. Add the chicken along with three tablespoons of soy sauce, one tablespoon of butter, the fresh lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cook the chicken until it’s no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Only stir everything once or twice so that the chicken gets a nice brown.
- To make the hibachi veggies, heat one and a half teaspoons of sesame oil and one tablespoon of avocado oil on medium high heat in a separate skillet or wok. Add the sliced onion, baby bella mushrooms, zucchini, one tablespoon of butter, one tablespoon soy sauce, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Sauté about six to eight minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- You can either make the mustard sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge, or make it while everything is cooking. Lightly toast sesame seeds if you’d like. Use a blender to blend them, the dry mustard, two teaspoons honey, half and half, hot water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and minced garlic until creamy.
Top Tips For Making Hibachi Chicken
- Fried rice was firstly created as a way to apply leftover antique rice. To make hibachi rice, use rice you’ve made ahead of time instead of freshly cooked rice. For fried hibachi rice that tastes even more like restaurant-excellent, use precooked rice sold at the grocery shop.
- If you are grain-unfastened, you could without difficulty alternative the rice with cauliflower rice.
- Lightly toasting sesame seeds for the mustard sauce isn’t necessary, however it’ll beautify the flavor.
Hibachi Chicken with Fried Rice and VegetablesCourse: Chicken recipes
12 tablespoons soy sauce divided
6 tablespoons butter divided
3 teaspoons sesame oil divided
4 tablespoons avocado divided
- Fried Rice
4 cups rice cooked, cool to the touch
2 eggs large
1/2 cup white onion diced
1 cup frozen vegetables
- Hibachi chicken
2 teaspoons lemon juice fresh
1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- Hibachi vegetables
2 cups baby bella mushrooms about 8 ounces, quartered
1 zucchini large, quartered and cut into 2″ pieces
1 white onion large, halved and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- Mustard sauce
1 tablespoon hot water
1 tablespoon sesame seeds preferably lightly toasted
1 clove garlic minced
2 tablespoons dry mustard
1/2 cup half-and-half
2 teaspoons honey
- Wine Pairing
2018 Che Fico Nero di Troia click to buy
2018 Che Fico Pinot Grigio Riserva click to buy
- For the mustard sauce: Lightly toast sesame seeds if desired. (See note.) Blend sesame seeds, dry mustard, 2 teaspoons honey, half and half, hot water, 1/4 cup soy sauce, and minced garlic in blender.
- Make the fried rice: Heat 2 tablespoons avocado oil on medium high in a large skillet or wok. Add diced onion and frozen vegetables, and sauté until onions are almost translucent, about 3 minutes. Move the vegetables to the side of pan.
- Crack eggs into pan and scramble with a spatula until cooked through and fully scrambled. Add 4 cups cooked rice and 4 tablespoons butter. Cook for 5 minutes and stir frequently. Add 4 tablespoons soy sauce and cook 1 additional minute. Pack fried rice firmly into bowls to keep hot.
- Make the chicken and vegetables at the same time. For the chicken: Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil in same skillet or wok used for fried rice. Add chicken, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to skillet. Cook chicken until it is no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Stir only once or twice so chicken will brown.
- For the vegetables: In a separate large skillet or wok, heat 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil and 1 tablespoon avocado oil on medium high heat. Add sliced onion, baby bella mushrooms, zucchini, 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt, and pepper to skillet. Sauté until vegetables are tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- Recipe Notes
- For the exceptional fried rice: Do not prepare dinner rice immediately before making fried rice. Leftover or precooked rice from the shop works excellent.
- For mustard sauce: Lightly toasting sesame seeds will enhance the flavor, but it isn’t always necessary. Mustard sauce may be made ahead of time and saved within the refrigerator.
- To make grain-unfastened: Substitute rice with cauliflower rice.
- Wine Pairings
- I recommend a crisp white or red combo to stability all the scrumptious Japanese flavors right here, like:
- 2018 Che Fico Pinot Grigio Riserva
- 2018 Che Fico Nero di Troia