Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe use Lemon and Garlic – This simple Greek-style baked cod recipe has shortly grown to be daily on my dinner rotation! A handful of Mediterranean spices, plus a mix of lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic, give it wonderful flavors! You’ll want to watch the video under and seize my suggestions for what to serve alongside and tips on how to retail leftovers.
Typically, our fish dinners go far–as far as a fish stew from Sicily or an Egyptian-inspired fish Shakshuka cooked in a tasty tomato sauce. However most of the time, I go for one thing easy like steamed salmon or at the moment’s baked cod recipe with lemon and garlic.
Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe – Why this Cod Recipe Works?
Cod fillet is a lovely factor. It is simple to prepare dinner, and since it is a mild-tasting fish, the methods to offer it wonderful taste are countless.
This baked cod recipe takes on a little bit of a Greek twist. The cod is calmly coated with a spiced flour combination with coriander, paprika, and cumin. Shortly seared, then baked with lemon juice, Greek olive oil, and plenty of minced garlic.
What to serve with this baked cod recipe?
It seems like I am at all times recommending this Lebanese rice with vermicelli, nevertheless, it makes the right mattress for this lemony baked cod. Preserve the Greek theme going by including an aspect of conventional Greek salad. Or, for a heartier salad choice, do this Mediterranean chickpea salad with eggplant.
Can I refrigerate or freeze leftovers?
Once I make this baked cod recipe, I do not sometimes have leftovers. However, a reader just lately requested this related query as she cooks for fewer folks. The reply is sure, you possibly can retailer the leftovers both within the fridge and even within the freezer.
First, cool the fish a bit, however, do not depart it at room temperature for greater than 1 hour earlier than refrigerating or freezing. Prepare the cod in a shallow glass container with a decent lid and refrigerate for two to three days. If it is advisable to heat it up, merely use a medium heated oven till simply warmed by.
Typically, cooked fish might be frozen for as much as 1 month. My private choice is to not freeze it, I do really feel that the feel of the fish modifications a little bit.
Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe use Lemon and GarlicCourse: Seafood recipes
Best baked cod recipe accessible! Prepared Greek fashion with a few spices and an aggregate of lemon juice, olive oil, and plenty of garlic. Bakes in 15 minutes!
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1.5 lb Cod fillet pieces (4-6 pieces)
- Lemon Juice Mixture
2 tbsp melted butter
5 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- For Coating
¾ tsp sweet Spanish paprika
¾ tsp ground cumin
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl. Set aside
- In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt, and pepper. Set next to the lemon juice mixture.
- Pat fish fillet dry. Dip fish in the lemon juice mixture then dip in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour. Reserve the lemon juice mixture for later.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat (watch the oil to be sure it is shimmering but not smoking). Add fish and sear on each side to give it some color, but do not fully cook (about a couple of minutes on each side) Remove from heat.
- To the remaining lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and mix. Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
- Bake in the heated oven for until it begins to flake easily with a fork (10 minutes should do it, but begin checking earlier). Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Serving suggestions: Serve immediately with Lebanese rice and this Mediterranean chickpea salad or this traditional Greek salad.
- Cook’s Tip: This recipe has been edited adding step #5 to acquire extra shade. Be sure to apply a fish spatula to cautiously flip the fish within the skillet.
- Leftover Storage: If you have any leftovers, permit the dish to cool a piece, then arrange them in a shallow glass field with a decent lid. You can refrigerate for two to 3 days, or freeze for up to 1 month. My private choice is not to freeze fish as, on occasion, the feel does alternate.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle!
- And from our natural and all-herbal spice collections: Coriander; Spanish Paprika; Cumin. SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-p.C. Or three-% or our organic or all-natural spice collections!
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories312
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13%
- Sodium 286.6mg 12%
- Potassium 17mg 1%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 1.6g
- Protein 23.1g 47%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.