FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK – French Onion Salisbury Steak is a scrumptious believe on a vintage supper recipe! This convenience and straightforwardness foods is really easy to supply and has one of the vital unbelievable savory gravy!
This a unmarried is a real vintage, a formative years fave, no less than for people people that grew up within the mid-west and love our comfort foods all fall/wintry weather lengthy! I’ve noticed it referred to as Salisbury steak, hamburger steak, and chopped steak. However, it in reality is mainly exactly the similar factor! Floor red meat receives mixed with eggs, breadcrumbs, seasonings after which seared in a skillet and smothered in brown gravy!
In spite of everything, I already have a delectable Chopped Steak recipe on my weblog and I knew I sought after to do yet another variation however, mix pieces up a bit of. Bearing in mind that everyone enjoys our French Onion Pork and Noodles so a perfect deal, I assumed it’ll be incredible to finish one of those french onion burger patty. I used to be proper, the french onion gravy is in order that mouthwatering, after which clearly topping them off with cheese under no circumstances hurts the whole thing perhaps.
MAKING FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK:
- This recipe arrives jointly in about 30 minutes. First problems first, melt the butter in an enormous skillet and incorporate on your onions along with some Worcestershire and a bit of the meat broth. The onions will prepare dinner, you are able to stir now and again, for roughly 6-Eight mins till they are nice and golden.
- I wish to make my patties while the onions are cooking. Mix up your floor red meat, egg, seasonings, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Roll the beef into five balls, then form them into patties and established them apart on a plate.
- If the onions golden, move away them throughout the pan and simply number of scoot them throughout to make space for the patties. Obtain the meat in there and sear for four mins on either side proper up till beginning to brown, then take away them onto a blank plate.
- Now give the onions a stir and sprinkle in way over the flour. Deal with stirring for just about one minute to arrange dinner the flour. You are able to regularly pour together with your red meat broth whilst the usage of a wood spoon to scrape up any bits across the base at the pan. You are going to handiest want to believe 1-2 mins to accomplish this component, the gravy will stay directly to thicken whilst simmering along with the beef.
- Lower the warmth together with your range to medium-low, scoot the onions round and insert the patties once more at the pan. Now, you can most sensible each and every with a slice of cheese and the parmesan. The parmesan is not obligatory, and you want to make use of mozzarella, gouda, or white cheddar in place from the provolone if desired. Quilt your pan and simmer for 6-Eight mins till in any case your patties are cooked by way of.
WHAT GOES Superb WITH SALISBURY STEAK?
Let’s speak about side dishes! From time to time my favourite portion within the meals, however, those steaks if truth be told shine one of the vital! A couple of of our favorite pieces to supply with those mashed potatoes! We now have a gorgeous recipe for Product Cheese Mashed Potatoes, and Fast Pot Mashed Potatoes manner too. Must you be in quest of to get in veggies, then this is superb with a green facet salad, fill it along with your most well-liked chopped up veggies and dressing. Another choice are those Simple Roasted Carrots, and one of the vital unbelievable Roasted Environmentally pleasant Beans! If you are looking for one thing a tiny numerous then this meals might be incredible served over extremely popular cooked rice, cooked and buttered egg noodles, and wonderful with a side of Fall Biscuits!
FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAKCourse: Main CourseCuisine: American
FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK – French Onion Salisbury Steak is a delicious consider on a classic supper recipe! This comfort and ease meals is so easy to produce and has one of the most incredible savory gravy!
1 Large Egg
1 ½ Pounds Lean Ground Beef
2 ¼ Cups Beef Broth, Divided
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce Divided
⅓ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt & Pepper, To Taste
⅓ Cup Flour
½ Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
8 Slices Provolone Cheese
5 Tablespoons Butter
2 Medium Yellow Onions, Thinly Sliced
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, one Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and ¼ cup of the beef broth to the skillet and stir to coat the onions.
- Continue cooking the onions, stirring occasionally for 6-7 minutes until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add the ground beef, egg, 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands or a large spoon to gently mix the beef mixture until everything is well combined.
- Form the beef mixture into 5 even balls, then flatten into patties, set aside on a plate or cutting board.
- Once the onions have softened, scoot them to the side and add the patties to the pan.
- Fry the patties for 4 minutes per side, then, remove to a plate.
- Stir the onions around in the pan, then sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook, stirring constantly for one minute.
- Slowly pour the remaining beef broth into the skillet, stirring constantly and scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and add the patties back to the pan.
- Top each patty evenly with the cheese. Cover the skillet and simmer for 6-8 more minutes until cheese is melted, gravy is thickened, and the meat is cooked through.
- NOTE that I advise the use of a floor red meat with 15 to 20 percent fats content for excellent flavor, however, very lean beef will work if essential.
- NOTE: Leftovers may be refrigerated and saved in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Substitutions: If you’re touchy to salt, you could want to use low sodium inventory/broth for this recipe. You can use regular or Italian breadcrumbs in place of the panko breadcrumbs. This recipe is remarkable made with mozzarella, white cheddar, or sliced gouda in area of the provolone if desired.