French Onion Pot Roast – Tender and scrumptious pot roast recipe cooked to pull-apart perfection in a sluggish the stove is covered with tender onions with a savory sauce. This pot roast is the final word straightforward consolation meal excellent for any evening of the week!
This softens in your mouth < healthy>pot roast recipe is made utilizing a beef chuck roast. It was more significant than exceeded our expectations! It’s tremendous flavorful, tender, and the most effective half is it’s so straightforward to make.
We served our French Onion Pot Roast with gravy from the broth it produced whereas cooking over a mattress of creamy mashed potatoes. You can too serve this pot roast together with your favorite steamed veggies, a baked potato, a contemporary salad, and extra.
This recipe serves about 4-6 folks relying on everybody’s urge for food. If you’re cooking for a crowd, you possibly can double the recipe. To retailer leftover pot roast: Retailer fully cooled pot roast in a hermetic container for as much as 2-Three days within the fridge.
Tools to have on hand to make slow cooker pot roast:
- Gradual Cooker – You will want a sluggish cooker to make this recipe.
- Measuring Cups + Spoons – To correctly measure the substances for this recipe.
- Reducing Board – To slice your onions and chop contemporary herbs.
- Chef Knife – To slice onions and chop contemporary herbs.
Ingredients you need to make my Slow Cooker French Onion Pot Roast Recipe:
- Chuck Roast – You will want a 2-pound chuck roast for this recipe. It doesn’t must be precisely 2 kilos however near that quantity is nice. Search for one with as little fat as potential. Nonetheless, extra fats might be trimmed off.
- Red Onion – You will want one giant crimson onion or equal to 2 cups thinly sliced. You can too use white, yellow or candy onion however I do want crimson on this recipe.
- Garlic Cloves – Contemporary garlic is the finest on this recipe.
- White Wine Vinegar – If you happen to don’t have white wine vinegar, it’s also possible to use crimson wine vinegar.
- Worcestershire Sauce – This shall be used within the sauce.
- Tomato Sauce – This can go into making the sauce to prepare dinner your roast in.
- Beef Broth – You will want 1 cup of beef broth.
- Salt – I used sea salt on this recipe, however you should utilize any salt you’ve gotten readily available. That is used to season the chuck roast.
- Black Pepper – A couple of teaspoons of black pepper to season the chuck roast.
- Thyme – I used half tsp contemporary chopped thyme, however, it’s also possible to use 1/Four tsp dried thyme.
- Parsley – Contemporary chopped parsley is sprinkled on prime of the pot roast on the finish for a contemporary flavorful contact (non-compulsory).
- Cornstarch/ All-Purpose Flour – You’ll want about 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch to make gravy on the finish.
How to make French Onion Pot Roast:
In a small bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, beef broth, minced garlic, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, and white wine vinegar.
Cut excess fat from your roast. Salt and pepper all parts of the roast.
At the bottom of your slow cooker, add half a shallot wedge. Pour half the sauce over the onions. Place the roast chuck over the onion and sprinkle the remaining onion evenly over the top. Pour the remaining sauce on top.
Cover then cook over high heat for approximately four hours or at a lower temperature for 7 hours. When ready, grilled meats will be tender.
Serve pot roast with gravy over a bed of mashed potatoes with a sprinkle of fresh parsley(optional). Enjoy!
To make gravy for the pot roast: Use one tablespoon of cornstarch or flour for every 1 cup of sauce from the slow cooker. Heat over low heat, frequently stirring until sauce lightly thickens.
**Recipe notes: Pro Tip! Before MAKING GRAVY – IF YOUR SAUCE TURNS OUT GREASY(chuck roast is a fatty cut of meat), different sauce from pot roast and pours into a tall clear container. Place in the refrigerator so the oil can float on top of the container. It will harden slightly when separated from the broth, making it easier to separate. After that, remove or spoon the oil. Now, you have a great oil-free broth to make your broth.
My favorite side dishes to serve with pot roast:
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes – Simple, creamy, buttery mashed potatoes sprinkled with contemporary parsley. On the subject of mashed potatoes, the extra butter, the higher! Add slightly cream cheese and bitter cream, and you’ve got probably the most satisfying mashed potatoes.
- Roasted Rosemary Garlic Potatoes – Contemporary rosemary and garlic baked crimson potatoes with a light-weight golden crisp on the surface and tender on the within.
- Balsamic-Glazed Carrots – Fast and straightforward balsamic glazed child carrots with a touch of lemon and honey. These are excellent for a wholesome aspect dish to pair together with your lunch or dinner!
If you enjoyed this recipe, here are a few more Crockpot recipes I think you’ll love:
- Gradual Cooked Tender London Broil – This London broil recipe is tremendously straightforward and completely soften in your mouth scrumptious. The flavor is barely candy; however, principally savory. If you’re in search of a young, pull-apart London broil recipe that takes little or no effort from begin to end, look no additional!
- Gradual Cooker Tender Quick Ribs – English reduce short ribs seared in a forged iron skillet then cooked low and sluggish in a crimson wine sauce.
- Crockpot Italian Meatballs – Do-it-yourself Italian meatballs are the proper straightforward weeknight meal cooked low and sluggish in your sluggish cooker. Serve on a mattress of heat spaghetti or toasty buns for a delicious meatball sandwich.
FRENCH ONION POT ROASTCourse: Main courseCuisine: American
French Onion Pot Roast – Tender and scrumptious pot roast recipe cooked to pull-apart perfection in a sluggish the stove is covered with tender onions with a savory sauce.
1-2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour or cornstarch
2 cups Red Onion thinly sliced
1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
3 Garlic Cloves minced
2 lb Chuck Roast
1 cup Beef Broth
2 tsp Fresh Parsley chopped
1/2 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped, or 1/4 tsp dried
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato sauce, beef broth, minced garlic, thyme, worcestershire sauce and white wine vinegar.
- Trim any excess fat off of your chuck roast. Salt and pepper all sides of the roast.
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, add half of the sliced red onions. Pour half the sauce over the onions. Place chuck roast on top of the onions and evenly sprinkle remaining onions on top. Pour remaining sauce on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 hours. When ready, roast will be fork tender.
- To make gravy for the pot roast: Use 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or all-purpose flour per 1 cup of sauce from the slow cooker. Heat over low heat stirring frequently until sauce lightly thickens.
- Serve pot roast with gravy over a bed of mashed potatoes with a sprinkle of fresh parsley(optional). Enjoy!
- **Recipe notes: Pro Tip! PRIOR TO MAKING GRAVY – IF YOUR SAUCE/BROTH TURNS OUT GREASY AFTER COOKING(as chuck roast is a totally fatty cut of meat), separate sauce from pot roast and pour right into a tall clear field. Place in the fridge to permit the grease to go with the flow to the pinnacle of the box. It will lightly harden whilst setting apart from broth making it less difficult to split. Then, scoop or ladle out the grease. Now, you’ve got a pleasing grease-unfastened broth to make your gravy with.