FRENCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE – The coziest, maximum healthy meal. With golden brown hen, mushy potatoes, white wine, refreshing rosemary + thyme. Completely-seared golden brown hen thighs, mushy child golden potatoes, juicy mushrooms, and an herb-wine sauce that it’s conceivable to in most cases guzzle down.
It’s perfection on a crisp, 55 degree Drop operating day – or allow us to be faithful, any operating day of the week.
Supply with the leftover white wine for a complete meal.
When you want chicken, breasts could be substituted.
Mushrooms could be overlooked totally if it isn’t your level. No judgment proper right here.
No thyme or rosemary? Dried herbs or different seasonings like oregano and/or Italian seasoning would also be very good in this.
FRENCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE
FRENCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE – The coziest, most wholesome meal. With golden brown chicken, tender potatoes, white wine, refreshing rosemary + thyme.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large shallots, diced
6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
2 stalks celery, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups chicken stock
4 sprigs fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 bay leaf
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 pound baby gold potatoes, halved
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Season chicken thighs with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
- Add mushrooms, shallots and celery, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 5-7 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Stir in chicken stock, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and potatoes. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Place into oven and bake until potatoes are tender and chicken has completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 175 degrees F, about 40-45 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.