Food Court Bourbon Chicken Copycat Recipe – We dwell about 30 minutes from an outlet mall, so we go there extra usually than we must always. Becca completely loves the bourbon hen on the Chinese language restaurant within the meals court docket, and I’ve made particular journeys to the mall simply to get the hen!
Many of the recipes on the market are both make an attempt to repeat the New Orleans unique (that is actually nothing like that) or some type of barbecue kind sauce.
After a lot of tinkering, trial and error I lastly got here up with a recipe that’s almost equivalent (shut sufficient) to what’s served at our meals court docket. We adore it, I hope you do too.
If your home is like ours, there are in all probability some Normal Tso’s followers sitting subsequent to the Bourbon Rooster followers. You could find my Normal Tso’s copycat recipe right here. You may also need to strive a few of my scrumptious and simple do-it-yourself egg rolls.
The complete recipe card is on the backside of this submit, however, I’ll stroll you thru the method with the footage. When you simply need the recipe, scroll down.
- Minimize the hen thighs into 1-inch items, and take away any extra fats or pores and skin.
- In a small bowl mix the ginger, pepper, soy sauce, whisky (or apple juice), water, garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar. Put aside.
- In a big saute pan or skillet warmth the oil on medium-high warmth.
- Add the hen and prepare dinner till the juices have cooked off and the hen begins to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the hen each 1-2 minutes so it doesn’t burn and browns evenly.
- Add the bourbon combination and stir effectively. Enable the liquid to return to a boil after which flip the warmth all the way down to medium. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Don’t rush this as you need the alcohol to prepare dinner off from the whiskey.
- Add within the cornstarch/water liquid and stir briskly. The sauce will thicken shortly. (If the sauce doesn’t thicken up for you dissolve one other Tbsp of cornstarch in 2 Tbsp of water and stir that in)
- Serve over rice.
- Cowboy Stew | Easy soup recipes, Stew recipes
- Garlic butter chicken thighs – VERY Easy to Make and SO GOOD!
- Salmon in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Try this ultimate easy sweet and sour chicken
- Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole