Food Court Bourbon Chicken Copycat Recipe – We dwell about 30 minutes from an outlet mall, so we go there extra usually than we must always. Becca completely loves the bourbon hen on the Chinese language restaurant within the meals court docket, and I’ve made particular journeys to the mall simply to get the hen!
Many of the recipes on the market are both make an attempt to repeat the New Orleans unique (that is actually nothing like that) or some type of barbecue kind sauce.
After a lot of tinkering, trial and error I lastly got here up with a recipe that’s almost equivalent (shut sufficient) to what’s served at our meals court docket. We adore it, I hope you do too.
If your home is like ours, there are in all probability some Normal Tso’s followers sitting subsequent to the Bourbon Rooster followers. You could find my Normal Tso’s copycat recipe right here. You may also need to strive a few of my scrumptious and simple do-it-yourself egg rolls.
The complete recipe card is on the backside of this submit, however, I’ll stroll you thru the method with the footage. When you simply need the recipe, scroll down.
- Minimize the hen thighs into 1-inch items, and take away any extra fats or pores and skin.
- In a small bowl mix the ginger, pepper, soy sauce, whisky (or apple juice), water, garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar. Put aside.
- In a big saute pan or skillet warmth the oil on medium-high warmth.
- Add the hen and prepare dinner till the juices have cooked off and the hen begins to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the hen each 1-2 minutes so it doesn’t burn and browns evenly.
- Add the bourbon combination and stir effectively. Enable the liquid to return to a boil after which flip the warmth all the way down to medium. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes. Don’t rush this as you need the alcohol to prepare dinner off from the whiskey.
- Add within the cornstarch/water liquid and stir briskly. The sauce will thicken shortly. (If the sauce doesn’t thicken up for you dissolve one other Tbsp of cornstarch in 2 Tbsp of water and stir that in)
- Serve over rice.
- Cowboy Stew | Easy soup recipes, Stew recipes
- Garlic butter chicken thighs – VERY Easy to Make and SO GOOD!
- Salmon in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Try this ultimate easy sweet and sour chicken
- Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole
Food Court Bourbon Chicken Copycat RecipeCourse: Chicken recipes, Main dish, EntreeCuisine: American, Chinese
A copycat recipe for the bourbon bird served at many meals court Chinese restaurants. This may not be authentic Chinese meals, but it is scrumptious.
1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 LB chicken thighs, skinless.
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup Bourbon (or whatever brown whiskey you have sitting around. Dark rum would probably work too). If you don’t keep alcohol in your house you can substitute apple juice or cranberry juice. If you use juice, use a little less brown sugar. It really is delicious with just apple juice and no Bourbon.
1 Tbsp rice vinegar (white wine vinegar or plain white vinegar would do if you don’t have rice vinegar)
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp cold water
1/4 tsp black pepper (I used 4 turns on the pepper mill)
- In a small bowl combine the ginger, pepper, soy sauce, whisky, water, garlic, vinegar, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces, and remove any excess fat or skin.
- In a large saute pan or skillet heat the oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the juices have cooked off and the chicken starts to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the chicken every 1-2 minutes so it doesn’t burn and browns evenly.
- Add the bourbon mixture and stir well. Allow the liquid to come to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium. Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Don’t rush this as you want the alcohol to cook off from the whiskey.
- Add in the cornstarch liquid and stir briskly. The sauce will thicken quickly.
Serve over rice.
- If you don’t have or don’t want to apply whiskey in this recipe genuinely alternative apple juice. The taste is nearly the same. You may additionally use hen breast in the location of chicken thighs, but the meals courtroom in my location genuinely makes use of thighs.
4 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories573.07
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 10.2g 51%
- Trans Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 172.5mg 58%
- Sodium 749.4mg 32%
- Potassium 505.8mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 0.2g 1%
- Sugars 13.4g
- Protein 43.7g 88%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.