Creamy Beef and Shells is a hearty pasta dish that’s excellent for a fast dinner for the entire household! It’s wealthy, flavorful, and tacky, and even children will find it irresistible!
We’ve got a whole lot of pasta dishes which you can select from and we carry on rising that checklist! You can even strive Crack Chicken Pasta Salad, Tuscan Chicken Pasta, and Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta!
Creamy Beef and Shells Recipe
Creamy Beef and Shells is such a tasty dinner! It’s meaty, by no means dry, and the flavors are superior!
The mix of marinara sauce and dairy makes it so yummy. You also get all types of savory flavors coming from the aromatics and the completely different herbs and seasonings.
You’ve gotten protein and carbs in a single dish, and that makes this hearty and filling. Serve it with an aspect of veggies, and also you get your self a whole lunch or dinner!
Youngsters additionally find it irresistible! It’s straightforward to eat, and every chew offers you tacky and beefy goodness.
Busy on weeknights? That isn’t an issue with this recipe. You may end cooking this in under 30 minutes!
What’s “beef and shells”?
It refers to this dish made with short pasta and seasoned floor beef in a sauce that’s tomato-based and dairy-based.
In this recipe, we’re adding in heavy cream and buttercream other than the cheddar cheese, whereas others add in cheese solely. This makes this dish creamier total.
How do you make beef and shells?
- Cook the pasta: Follow the instructions on the packaging.
- Sauté the meat: In a skillet, brown the ground beef, drain the excess fat, then set aside.
- Make the sauce: In the same large skillet, sauté onion and garlic. Stir in the flour for about a minute. Slowly stir in the stock, marinara sauce, and the herbs and seasonings. Let the whole thing boil and thicken.
- Combine: Add in the pasta, meat, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Then, add in the sour cream and cheese.
- Serve: Once the cheese has melted, serve it while hot!
Can I exploit completely different floor meat?
Positive! You may change the meat with different meat like rooster or turkey.
Do you’ll want to discard beef grease?
The reply is each sure and no. You’ll be throwing away taste together with the grease if you discard it. So, there are two solutions to this query.
Sure, in case you used the sort that has an excessive amount of fats. An excessive amount of grease isn’t fascinating, so you’ll want to discard it.
And no, in case you used other lean meat. There are not many greases that may develop, so you possibly can hold that tiny quantity and never discard it.
Therefore, I strongly advocate that you use different lean meat for this one as it will be extra flavorful. And since this dish has sauce, don’t worry about it getting too dry.
What can be utilized rather than marinara sauce?
It’s an easy sauce made with tomatoes and a few aromatics like onion, garlic, and a few seasonings. For this dish, you possibly can merely substitute it with tomato sauce and doubtless add extra of the aromatics and seasonings.
Retailer Creamy Beef and Shells:
- Refrigerate: Let it cool utterly and switch it to a hermetic container earlier than placing it within the fridge. Eat it in three days. You may merely reheat it on the range.
- Freeze: You may freeze this for just a few weeks, merely thaw utterly earlier than reheating. In this manner, if you reheat, you’ll not be breaking the pasta into items.
- Make-Forward: You may freeze the sauce and easily add cooked pasta on the day you wish to serve it. You can even pre-cook the pasta and freeze it. Earlier than freezing, bear in mind to drizzle some oil to stop sticking.
- You may select from penne, elbow macaroni, or rotini as an alternative to the shells.
- To forestall the pasta from being soggy, you possibly can prepare dinner simply al dente so that if you mix it with the sauce, additional cooking won’t make it too mushy.
- You may green like bell peppers and carrots.
Creamy Beef and ShellsCourse: Beef recipes
Creamy Beef and Shells is a hearty pasta dish this is ideal for a quick dinner for the whole circle of relatives! It is wealthy, flavorful, and cheesy and even kids will love it!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small sweet onion (diced)
1 pound ground beef
5 cloves garlic (minced)
8 ounces medium pasta shells
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (15oz can) marinara sauce
1 cup beef stock
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (freshly grated)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1/4 cup sour cream
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in a large pot of boiling salted water and drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, breaking it with a wooden spoon. Drain excess fat and set aside.
- To the same skillet, add diced onion, and cook for 2minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in beef stock and stir to combine. Add marinara sauce and stir in Italian seasoning, dried parsley, oregano, and paprika.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced and slightly thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, add back beef.
- Stir in heavy cream until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley if desired.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories480
- % Daily Value *
- Cholesterol 66mg 22%
- Sodium 370mg 16%
- Potassium 563mg 17%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 28g 57%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.