Cowboy Stew | Easy soup recipes, Stew recipes, Healthy soup recipes – Dinner’s on! My Cowboy Stew recipe combines three varieties of tender meat with beans & veggies in a one-pot surprise scrumptious sufficient to everybody!
My cowboy stew recipe is one half beef stew, one-half chili, 5 components DELICIOUS!
Love hearty stew recipes? You’ll flip for this! With the tender meat of an Instantaneous Pot beef stew and the veggies and beans of a Brunswick stew, cowboy stew takes one of the best components of your favorite recipes and simmers them to perfection.
The one factor it doesn’t have is a nod to hen stew…however, hey, let’s throw in some shredded poultry! Why not? Cowboy stew welcomes each ingredient!
What I Love About This Recipe
This ain’t your mama’s stew recipe! Loaded with three varieties of meat and tons of veggies, this stew is the lip-smacking dinner your loved ones’s been ready for.
- Tender, juicy meat
- One-pot surprise
- Straightforward cleanup!
- Crowd-pleasing taste
How To Make Cowboy Stew Recipe
Begin by crisping your bacon — be certain that to do it in a pot, not in the oven, so that you get all that yummy bacon grease! And in that grease, you’ll fry up your sausage.
Put aside your bacon and sausage, then cook dinner your beef, onion, and garlic. Add in your flour, salt, pepper, and chili, and as soon as that’s comfortable, dump in all the pieces else besides the parsley.
My cowboy stew recipe is amazingly healthful and straightforward to organize a meal that you just’ll really feel nice about feeding your loved ones! Cooking all the pieces in a single pot helps comprise the mess and construct unimaginable layers of taste.
You don’t want fancy components to get WOW taste! Utilizing just a few canned comfort objects helps make the prep easy whereas nonetheless supplying you with a stew so good you’ll slap the desk.
- Kielbasa – This recipe makes use of three varieties of meat for a completely dimensional taste sensation! For those who’re occupied with skipping one, don’t — I promise, it values it. For example, the kielbasa brings a scrumptious smokiness that the bacon and beef don’t have. You simply can’t have cowboy stew without all these treats!
- Tomatoes – I take advantage of canned tomatoes for this recipe to save lots of time within the prep stage in addition to the cooking stage. And utilizing petite diced tomatoes helps them break down even sooner! For those who can’t discover petite, utilizing crushed is an efficient various.
- Beans – I like the flavour and sweetness that comes with utilizing canned baked beans on this stew! My favourite is nice ol’ Bush’s Authentic, however, you need to use any model at your retailer.
- Corn – Taking part in up the sweetness, much more, I take advantage of candy corn on this recipe too. Candy corn is NOT simply corn canned with sugar — it’s a particular kind of corn. So ensure you’re studying labels and never simply getting plain corn with added sugar. Yuck!
Instruments to Make
The instruments to make this cowboy stew recipe are so easy!
- A pot – You’ll need to use a heavier gauged pot or a minimum of one with a thicker, heavier backside. This may assist forestall your fond from burning and promote even cooking all through so that you don’t find yourself with a mushy mess on the underside of your pot when your stew is finished.
That’s it! Since it’s such a key device, ensure you use a very good high-quality pot.
How Lengthy Can You Maintain This In The Fridge?
Retailer your cowboy stew leftovers in a hermetic container, they usually final in your fridge for as much as 4 days. If saving house is precedence, you may put your cooled cowboy stew in a gallon-sized Ziploc.
It does is inclined to thicken just a little because it sits within the fridge so it’s possible you’ll must skinny it out with just a little water while you reheat it.
- Garlic butter chicken thighs – VERY Easy to Make and SO GOOD!
- Salmon in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- Try this ultimate easy sweet and sour chicken
- Dump and Bake Chicken Alfredo Pasta Casserole
- Parmesan Crusted Cod – an easy, healthy, delicious fish meal!
Can You Freeze This?
Sure and no. This cowboy stew recipe is improbable for meal prep and it all the time helps to have a ready-made meal within the freezer. However the potatoes might be fairly finicky in freezing temps, so it’s possible you’ll need to go away these out — you may all the time add canned potatoes to this when it’s time to serve!
For those who do freeze it sans potatoes, you may let it sit in your freezer for as much as three months. To thaw, let it sit within the fridge for a single day. Then add your potatoes and reheat!
Make Forward Suggestions
This one-pot surprise comes collectively fairly rapidly because of these canned goodies! The varied meats can’t be cooked forward since you want them to construct the flavor to your stew, however, you may all the time chop the onions, garlic, potatoes, and kielbasa forward of time.
The onions and garlic might be saved collectively, and the kielbasa can go in a sealed plastic bag — all of it could actually sit for as much as per week within the fridge.
This cowboy stew recipe goes with just about any favorite chili and stew sides! Cornbread, crackers, a dollop of bitter cream — you title it, it’ll style nice.
If you wish to take this stew recipe to the subsequent stage, you may all the time do a play on beefaroni by including elbow macaroni! Or toss in some egg noodles for beef and noodles taken to the max. It’s really easy to make this scrumptious dish style even higher!
This cowboy stew recipe is downright good eatin’ by itself, however, listed here are some enjoyable tweaks!
- Up your grains by including barley + extra liquid to get beef barley soup.
- Omit the kielbasa and add some frozen blended greens to make hamburger stew.
- Go all pork with bacon, brats, and floor pork for a scrumptious pork stew.
- Be sure you get your veggies by including them in all of your favorite inexperienced picks with vegetable beef soup.
- Let’s play up Taco Tuesday with zesty Mexican flavors in a taco soup!
Extra Beef Soup Recipes
There are tons of nice beef soup recipes on the market, however, this cowboy stew has bought to be one of all my all-time favorites! For those who’re in search of different show-stopping chili and stew recipes, strive one in all these:
- Beef Noodle Soup
- Beef Tomato Soup
- Gradual Cooker Beef Stew
Cowboy Stew | Easy soup recipes, Stew recipes, Healthy soup recipesCourse: Uncategorized
Dinner has started! My Cowboy Stew Recipe combines three kinds of tender meat with beans & vegetables in one magic pot that’s delicious enough for everyone!
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 slices bacon, chopped
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, with liquid
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup water
▢2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2 (16-ounce) cans baked beans, with liquid
1 (7-ounce) can chopped green chilies, with liquid
1 (15-ounce) can sweet corn, with liquid
▢1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 medium onion, diced
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 80/20
2 (12-ounce) package kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Cook bacon until brown and crispy in a large pot. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Add the sausage to pot drippings and brown on both sides, adjusting heat as needed so fond (brown bits on the bottom of the pot) does not burn. Remove to the plate with bacon; set aside.
- Add beef, onion, and garlic to the pot and brown until the beef is no longer pink. Sprinkle flour, salt, pepper, and chili powder over beef. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, baked beans, green chilies, sweet corn, potatoes, bacon, sausage, and water. Bring to a boil then immediately reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Add additional water if stew is too thick.
- Serving: 1/8 of the | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 2049mg | Potassium: 508mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 158IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg | recipe | Calories: 745kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 45g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
8 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories745
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 15g 75%
- Trans Fat 30g
- Cholesterol 125mg 42%
- Sodium 2049mg 86%
- Potassium 508mg 15%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 7g 29%
- Sugars 15g
- Protein 38g 76%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.