Classic Stuffed Peppers – The bell pepper is a wonderful vessel for stuffing meat, rice, and, after all, cheese. It is robust sufficient to carry its form within the oven, and the flavor is adequately subtle to go nicely with absolutely anything. That is our favorite recipe; however, the customization choices are infinite. We use shredded Monterey Jack; however, be happy to swap in every other melty cheese that you’ve got available. You can even use one other floor protein (pork, turkey, or rooster) within the place of beef. You may even use Italian sausage! When you make this iteration, we encourage you to make your personal and present us the outcomes!
We have liked stuffed peppers since we first laid eyes on them. That is our traditional recipe—when you grasp them, be happy to begin experimenting with our Cheesesteak and Rooster Parm varieties.
Made this but? Tell us the way it went within the feedback beneath!
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 6 bell peppers, tops and cores eliminated
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 c. raw rice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. floor beef
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, prepare rice according to package instructions. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return beef mixture to skillet, then stir in cooked rice and diced tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place peppers cut side-up in a 9″-x-13″ baking dish and drizzle with oil. Spoon beef mixture into each pepper and top with Monterey jack, then cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.