Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake – Days are shorter and less warm now so casseroles, stews, and one explicit pot meals have made a repeated visible attraction at my desk for obvious motives. They’re simple to generate, they very closing lengthier and provides me way more time so that you can have the benefit of the dwindling a number of hours of sunlight. This rooster, spinach, and mushroom pasta bake are truly highest for instances like those. It has six servings so for the two folks that signifies various leftovers. However as it’s a casserole for a lazy running day, it does now not imply it skimps on yummy goodness. Au contraire, it has got numerous yummy goodness! I in truth truly like the mix of spinach, mushrooms, and cheese inside of this and the crusty broiled cheese on best possible.
Hen Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Let’s simply take a 2d to drool greater than all that cheese.
Alright, let’s discuss cooking tactics. With a previous unsatisfactory strive at baked ziti (2015 replace: in the end gained made a very good one explicit!), I’ve perceived to notice that pasta used in casseroles will have to be cooked for the level precisely the place it’s only previous to al dente, or it’ll conclude up a soggy mess. This worked for me: In case the directions telephone for twelve mins for rigatoni to al dente, prepare dinner it for 10 mins then again. Then drain and rinse it underneath chilly h2o to halt the cooking process. It’ll whole acquiring to al dente whilst within the oven. Since each little factor is already cooked, you are going to now not bake the casserole approach too long. Merely sufficient to soften the cheese. You’ll be able to additionally broil it for a few mins to have the golden-brown crust. I went with that after all. I’m positive you didn’t skip the golden layer of cheese. It’s difficult to fail to notice!
The crucial issue about casseroles with pasta in them could be to score a very good equilibrium of dampness so it isn’t too dry however isn’t soggy in all probability. There are a couple of culprits indexed right here that may incorporate approach an excessive amount of moisture in a different way sorted successfully: the spinach, the mushrooms, and the tomatoes. To empty the spinach of consuming water as splendid whilst you’ll and prepare dinner dinner the rooster and mushroom aggregate till each and every of the liquid out of your mushrooms has evaporated. The dampness important for all of the dish could also be borrowed from the liquid at the canned tomatoes. If there’s additionally numerous dampness it’ll be a soggy mess. So rely on those tomatoes and so they will have to see you thru!
Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake
Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Pasta Bake – Days are shorter and chillier now so casseroles, stews, and one particular pot food have made a repeated visual appeal at my table for apparent motives. They are easy to generate, they very last lengthier and give me far more time for you to take pleasure in the dwindling several hours of daylight.
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
10 oz. frozen spinach, cooked and drained
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
8 oz. rigatoni
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons sugar
8 oz. portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 tub (8 oz.) chive and onion cream cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 yellow onion, diced
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the rigatoni until just before al dente
- Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil over medium high heat until fragrant
- Add chicken cubes and cook until chicken is no longer pink
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and toss to combine
- Add mushrooms and simmer until the mushrooms cook down and liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes
- Drain the pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pasta, chicken mixture, tomatoes with their liquid, spinach, cream cheese and sugar. Mix thoroughly
- Transfer to a 9×13 casserole dish and top with cheese
- Bake in 375 degrees F for 15 minutes uncovered until cheese melts and is bubbly
- Broil for 2-3 minutes to get a golden crust
- Dish and serve hot
- To substitute fresh spinach for frozen, cook it down with the mushrooms until all liquid has evaporated.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories407
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 48%
- Cholesterol 83mg 28%
- Sodium 243mg 11%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 4.1g 17%
- Sugars 6.2g
- Protein 25.5g 51%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.