CHEESY GROUND BEEF QUESADILLAS – Looking for wonderful tacky floor red meat quesadillas? You’ve come to the right area! Well, seasoned ground red meat, plenty of ooey gooey cheese, and a crispy golden brown outside make these quesadillas truly impossible to resist! They’re sure to end up a fave in your house as they’re in ours.
In the event you know me, you understand that I’m an enormous supporter of quesadillas. Among the explanations is, like grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas can be a technique of receiving more cheese into my pie gap, LOL.
Critically, though, hubby and I get pleasure from quesadillas around the standard. They’re tremendously easy to whip up, you are able to set as small or as much while you want in ’em and they usually flavor remarkable.
I have shared other kinds ahead of, like chicken, turkey, as well as breakfast quesadillas.
Nowadays, however? Ground beef quesadillas. 1 point they all have in common: cheese (and plenty of it!) You gotta have quesadillas with cheese, in case you ask me! Inform me you do not wanna grab some by means of your display screen (if only, appropriate?!)
These cheesy quesadillas come with each other right away whatsoever with some fairly basic ingredients you probably previously have available. I’m rather self-assured they’ll be in regular rotation in your home as they are ours.
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF QUESADILLAS
- Full details are in the recipe card below, but here are the basics:
- Heat oil in a pan and add ground beef, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cook and break up with a wooden spoon or potato masher to make it nice and crumbly (you don’t want huge chunks of beef).
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Pour in beef stock/broth (or you could use water). Once stock/broth is absorbed (and beef is cooked), remove ground beef from the pan.
- For each quesadilla, place some cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Top with cooked ground beef.
- Add a little more cheese.
- Fold over the tortilla so it’s a half-moon shape.
- Gently cook quesadillas (in batches) in a greased pan until golden brown on the outside and the cheese has melted. Watch that they don’t burn. They cook quickly! Then, cut in half and enjoy!
What Type Of Tortilla Ought To I Exploit For Quesadillas? What Measurement Of Tortilla Is Best?
For quesadillas, I desire flour tortillas in excess of corn tortillas. They’re readily obtainable (a lot more so than corn tortillas right here in Newfoundland). Plus, they are hearty, versatile, and face up to all individual’s scrumptious toppings.
Monica from Nourish and Fete has a wonderful recipe for homemade flour tortillas if you need to try these instead of store-bought. Just make ’em just a little bigger if you need to use them for quesadillas.
I generally choose to use flour tortillas which are about 7 to 8 inches in diameter.
Can Leftover Quesadillas Be Reheated?
Yes! It is possible to reheat leftover quesadillas within a non-stick pan around the stovetop over about medium-low warmth (this may produce the crispiest reheating benefits) until finally the cheese is melted and everything is heated by means of.
Alternatively, location quesadillas over a sheet pan in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven and heat for approximately 10 to fifteen minutes or right up until the cheese is melted and everything is heated via.
They could not be very as crispy as freshly created, nevertheless, they are still pretty amazing.
What’S The Top Cheese For Quesadillas?
Cheese not only preferences wonderful in these beef quesadillas but in addition functions being a ‘glue’ to maintain factors jointly. Cheese, is there anything you can’t do?
When creating quesadillas, select a great melting cheese, like cheddar, pizza mozzarella, or Monterey Jack (or perhaps a combo of them).
I have produced these quesadillas a bunch of moments with various versions of cheese, along with a retailer-bought mix of cheddar, Monterey Jack, and pizza mozzarella. I really do not frequently select pre-shredded cheeses, but by buying a mix, you will get an assortment without needing to acquire several blocks of cheese.
Having stated that, in the event that you need to do have odds and finishes of cheese floating around within your fridge, now can be some time to make use of them! Waste not, want not, right?
Other great melting cheeses are Havarti, fontina, Swiss, Gouda, and provolone. For extra flavor (despite the fact that it doesn’t melt nicely) I’ve even additional crumble feta for the blend (or for adding a reliable Mexican vibe, use queso fresco).
It is cheese. As a cheese-obsessed person, there isn’t any likely incorrect in my book!
Far More Tips And Versions For Creating The Top Quesadillas
I utilized ‘extra lean’ ground beef. In the event you use anything at all in any other case, ensure that excess fat is drained from your cooked meat prior to placing about the tortillas. You really do not desire a greasy mess!
In the event the dimension of the tortillas are larger or smaller as opposed to the ones I utilized, the quantity you produce might range.
Observe individuals quesadillas in the pan! They burn rapidly. It is much better to get the heat on the reduced aspect so that you obtain a good golden brown color (without having burning) and still soften the cheese.
I prefer to preserve these beef and cheese quesadillas straightforward, however, you could incorporate sliced avocado, hot peppers (patted dry just before employing), corn or cilantro (or whatever you please).
Crack up the ground beef into crumbles. You really do not want massive items of beef. I really like to utilize a wood spoon or potato masher to actually break up.
Cautiously flip the quesadillas and so the filling doesn’t spill out. Use two spatulas (or one particular really big one particular, just like a fish spatula) to flip or minimize into items ahead of browning. It may well make items a bit more workable.
What To Provide Using These Ground Beef Quesadillas
- Sour cream or Greek yogurt
- Pico de gallo from Tasty At any time Following
- Green salad, such as this chopped Mexican salad with pepitas from Cooking on the Weekends
- Mexican street corn from Basil & Bubbly
Hope you really like these ground beef quesadillas just as much as we do! Stay tuned for more easy cheesy quesadillas recipes coming your way!
CHEESY GROUND BEEF QUESADILLASCourse: MainCuisine: Mexican
CHEESY GROUND BEEF QUESADILLAS – Looking for wonderful tacky floor red meat quesadillas? You’ve come to the right area! Well seasoned ground red meat, plenty of ooey gooey cheese and a crispy golden brown outside make these quesadillas truely impossible to resist! They’re sure to end up a fave in your house as they’re in ours.
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoon unsalted beef stock/broth
1 teaspoon chili powder
12 ounces shredded cheese blend (about 3 cups (combination of cheddar, Monterey jack and pizza mozzarella))
1 tablespoon tomato paste
6 flour tortillas (mine were about 7 to 8 inches in diameter)
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound ground beef (I use ‘extra lean’)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (or to taste, optional)
½ tablespoon olive oil
Cooking spray or vegetable oil (to grease pan)
1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Fahrenheit (to keep quesadillas warm while cooking batches).
- Heat olive oil in a pan (I used non-stick pan) over medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add ground beef, chili powder, chipotle powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper powder (if using). Heat until cooked through, breaking into crumbles with a wooden spoon, about 8 to 10 minutes or so. Stir in tomato paste and stock/broth and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove beef from the pan and place into a bowl. If there is any excess grease drain/remove.
- Distribute about 8 ounces (or 2 cups) of cheese among all tortillas (on one side of them).
Note: Reserve the remaining 4 ounces (or 1 cup of cheese).
Also, if your tortillas are smaller or larger than the size I used, the quantity you yield may vary.
- Distribute ground beef on top of cheese. Then, sprinkle remaining 1 cup (or 4 ounces) of cheese on top of ground beef. Fold over each tortilla so it’s a half-moon shape.
- To cook quesadillas, grease pan with cooking spray or oil. Heat over medium-low heat.
Note: Cook the quesadillas in batches, two quesadillas at a time, adding more cooking spray or oil to the pan between batches.
- Place two quesadillas in the pan. Cook quesadillas for about 2 minutes on one side.
- Carefully flip quesadillas to the other side and continue to cook for another 2 minutes or until they’re golden brown and crispy on the outside and the cheese is melted inside (carefully watch to ensure they don’t burn). Transfer cooked quesadillas to a baking sheet and place into your preheated oven to keep warm while you are continuing to cook the remaining quesadillas.
- Repeat process to cook remaining quesadillas.
- Once done, cut each half-moon (quesadilla) in half so you have 12 pieces. Great served with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream. Enjoy!
Note: If you have any leftovers, properly store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 2 to 4 days, reheating when ready to enjoy.
- Nutrition estimate (if supplied) is based on 1 Serving.
- Nutrition data (if provided) is provided as a courtesy and ought to be considered an estimate best. Ingredients can range and Girl Heart Food makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this facts. It must now not be considered an alternative choice to a professional nutritionist’s advice.
- A observe on times provided: appliances range, any prep and/or cook dinner times furnished are guidelines handiest.
12 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories252
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 8g 40%
- Cholesterol 54mg 18%
- Sodium 446mg 19%
- Potassium 176mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 15g 30%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.