Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash – Aiming to check out to devour much more veggies? This Tacky Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti Squash recipe packs a whole package deal of spinach swirled the use of a very simple tacky cream sauce.
Without reference to if it is on a scrumptious flatbread pizza, crammed into peppers, tossed right into a wholesome salad, or swirled into a very simple tacky dip, I actually really feel an epic belief of feat if I am able to swimsuit your whole package deal into my come across by some means.
No longer that spinach at any time if truth be told is going to waste right here, however there’s so much significantly much less margin for error in the event you use each and every little little little bit of that box-o-spinach.
No stray leaves to by accident disregard about, number one/four empty field taking on liked refrigerator space, and no baggies of spinach expanding legs just about that partly chopped onion as well as, you forgot about… haha no longer that I would individually know from wisdom or the rest in any respect.
Alright excellent, I’ve completely been there! Many people have, right kind?
But even so, within the match, you are making use of the whole package deal you don’t simply make Popeye proud, however I’m positive your folks can by some means belief that you’re consuming a complete boatload of veggies and are super duper happy over it.
Get it performed for the mother and father! Absorb each and every of the spinach!
Shall we get began with this straightforward tacky crammed spaghetti squash. YUM!
CHEESY GARLIC PARMESAN SPINACH SPAGHETTI SQUASHMouthful of a identify. Mouthful of deliciousness!
Adequate, that was once excessively tacky, even for me! My apologies. Please forgive me and make this straightforward tacky crammed squash the second you step foot throughout the kitchen. Beautiful you must? With Parmesan on best!
Cheesy Garlic Parmesan Spinach Spaghetti SquashCourse: Main Dish, Side DishCuisine: American
This loopy scrumptious garlic parmesan spaghetti squash is one of the maximum famous recipes on Peas and Crayons — and for good cause too!
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 TBSP cream cheese (optional but delicious!)
1 medium spaghetti squash (approx. 2-3lbs)
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
2.5 TBSP minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
grated or sliced mozzarella for topping to taste
5 oz fresh spinach chopped
1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- For easy cutting, feel free to stick your squash in the microwave to soften it up just a tad. Pierce it a few times with a knife (to help vent so it doesn’t burst) and cook for for 3-5 minutes. The knife slides through way easier this way! Smaller squash will need about 3 minutes while larger ones will be good to go at 4-5 min.
- Next grab a lipped baking sheet or a rimmed baking dish.
- Rub the cut side of the squash with a teeny bit of olive oil and place on your baking dish/sheet cut side down. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork. Cooking time will vary a bit depending on the size of your squash, and larger squash will need to roast a bit longer to tenderize. Once ready, the once rock-hard exterior of the squash will be visibly softened with a tender interior.
- The squash can be roasted and stored in the fridge for a few days if you’d like to meal prep and plan ahead for a speedier dinner.
- While the squash roasts, start on the sauce.
- In a medium pot or skillet, bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté garlic until fragrant.
- Next add the spinach and stir until wilted. Add your cream, cream cheese (totally optional but totally tasty) and parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and remove from heat.
- Once squash is done roasting, allow to cool until easily handled or pop on an oven mit and use a fork to separate and fluff the strands of spaghetti squash.
- Pour your sauce over each squash boat, stir to mix, and top with a little mozzarella cheese and additional parm cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- For a golden cheesy topping, flip your oven to broil on high for just a minute or two until lightly browned. Dive in while it’s HOT!
- T-REX CHEFS: Feel free to feature bird in case you’d like! Stir it in with the sauce and veggie noodles or serve it up at the aspect. Grilled, roasted, baked, poached, rotisserie… some thing is going! Shrimp is also a delectable addition to the squash.
- Recipe yields 4 servings (so approximately 1/4 a spaghetti squash in keeping with character) as a side dish or it can be cut up into 2 portions (1/2 a squash per person) as greater of a primary path, specially in case you’re adding more protein and/or veggies!
- Nutrition data beneath are an estimate furnished through a web nutrition calculator, estimate calculated earlier than mozzarella topping <– add as much or as little as you’d like!