Broccoli Chicken Divan – This clean as well as healthy and balanced recipe is actually a weeknight champion as well as a potluck crowd-pleaser. This traditional meal has actually been actually a household preferred for years as well as it is simple towards view why. Whether it is dished out along with preferred blend ins or even toppings such as French deep-fried onions or even delighted in inning accordance with the precise recipe directions, Chicken Divan is actually constantly magnificent! As well as because it is among those entrees that “constantly ends up” there’s no have to stress over whether visitors will certainly delight in it.
Exactly just what is actually Broccoli Chicken Divan?
- Divan (articulated “dee-von”) is actually defined through a velvety cheese sauce combined with chicken as well as broccoli, called for a resort in NYC. It is a stylish meal that is simple to earn!
Why Our team Like It
- Fast as well as simple, broccoli chicken divan could be prepared in lower than thirty minutes utilizing pre-cooked or even remaining chicken!
- Prepare this cost-effective entrée for larger households! Simply include a salad such as Reddish Fallen leave Salad along with Lemon Vinaigrette as well as some No Knead Bread for dipping right in to the sauce!
- Create it reduced carbohydrate by utilizing smashed pig rinds rather than Panko breadcrumbs. Or even just do without the breadcrumb covering entirely as well as leading along with additional cheese.
- Create it vegan through changing the meat through layering in white colored or even long-grain brownish rice, egg noodles, or even penne pasta.
- Preferences much a lot better the following time as well as is actually a fantastic lunch break dish for institution or even function!
Ingredients as well as Variants
- CHICKEN: Chicken busts are actually reduced in fats compared to beef, chicken, or even pig, however those healthy proteins could be utilized rather if preferred. As well as prepared smoked salmon jobs effectively. This is actually a fantastic recipe for consuming remaining meat as well as veggies!
- BROCCOLI: Clean broccoli provides this meal a ruptured of vibrant problem! Cauliflower could be utilized, as well as some sliced mushrooms as well as pieces of bell peppers include structure as well as taste! Icy broccoli could be utilized, and even a bag of combined veggie medley.
- SAUCE: Lotion of mushroom soup creates a fantastic foundation for the lotion cheese, cheddar milk, and cheese. Tinned soup is actually a genuine timesaver! Remember the sour lotion. Lotion of chicken or even lotion of broccoli soup could be utilized, as well! For an Indian-style casserole mix in a container of ready yellowish or even reddish sauce sauce.
How to Make Broccoli Chicken Divan
- The steps for prepping this savory casserole are so simple. Serve it over rice, noodles, or mashed potatoes, if desired.
- Prep chicken & saute until cooked through. (If using cooked chicken, cut it into evenly sized chunks.)
- Blanche broccoli pieces until tender. Drain & place in casserole dish.
- Mix 1 cup of cheddar cheese with sauce ingredients. Fold in chicken & pour over the top of the broccoli. Sprinkle with remainder of cheddar.
- Prepare breadcrumb topping & cover the casserole. Bake (per recipe below).
In a Crock Pot or Slow Cooker:
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and sauté until cooked through. If using cooked chicken, cut it into small pieces.
- Blanche broccoli pieces in boiling water until tender. Drain and put on the bottom of a Crock Pot.
- Mix 1 cup of cheddar cheese, soup, sour cream, and seasonings. Fold in chicken and pour over the top of the broccoli. Sprinkle on cheese.
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours (long enough to heat through.
- Prepare breadcrumb topping and cover the casserole. Cook another 30 minutes.
For finest outcomes, keep leftovers in a protected compartment for as much as 4 times. Reheat parts in the microwave. Ice up cooled down parts in quart-sized zipper bags along with the day identified outside for as much as 4 full weeks. Enable towards thaw in the fridge over night as well as reheat as preferred.
Calories: 454, Carbohydrates: 17g, Protein: 47g, Fat: 22g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Trans Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 143mg, Sodium: 916mg, Potassium: 1102mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 1219IU, Vitamin C: 103mg, Calcium: 337mg, Iron: 2mg