5-Ingredient Healthier Peanut Butter Cups – Make fitter peanut butter cups applying simply Five elementary components – darkish chocolate chips, peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, and sea salt.
Hello, my identify is Brittany and I’m obsessive concerning the aggregate of peanut butter and chocolate. I’m in truth stunned each time I fulfill any individual that doesn’t come to really feel an identical in regards to the chocolate and peanut butter. Will have to you be amongst the ones folks, it’s conceivable to skip the precise earlier recipe! This actually is for the fanatics! Five Element Recipe Five Element More fit Peanut Butter[/caption]
Reese’s peanut butter cups have already been my most popular candy for as long as I am able to do not disregard. Isaac enjoys them as neatly so I determined to take a stab at making selfmade peanut butter cups which might be a tad fitter. Why it’s taken me this lengthy to check growing my own peanut butter cups? I’m not sure. Turns out it’s the most productive issue at any time and handiest calls for simply 5 simple components: chocolate chips, coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, and sea salt.
Elements in Selfmade Peanut Butter Cups
- chocolate chips – I really like dark chocolate chips, however usual milk chocolate chips can be superb additionally. For cups which might be lowered in sugar and energy, use Lily’s Candy chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark chocolate). They’re sweetened with stevia and must you employ those chips, the cups can have handiest 6 grams of sugar in line with serving. For a vegan variation, use dairy-free chocolate chips. I identical to the Respect Lifestyles producer.
- coconut oil – melting the chocolate with coconut oil aids the chocolate to harden and acts way more like a shell.
- peanut butter – I want all-natural peanut butter then again, you’ll use any nut or seed butter you favor! I’ve tried numerous flavors of peanut butter and they’re scrumptious with entertaining flavors! I need to take a look at those with my pumpkin almond butter or cinnamon vanilla peanut butter too.
- honey or maple syrup – this sweetens the peanut butter layer and is helping make those selfmade peanut butter cups taste like the true be offering. I in reality similar to the manner of those with honey however for a vegan fashion, it’s conceivable to make use of maple syrup or agave.
- sea salt – this aspect is not obligatory, but when your peanut butter isn’t salted, I very a lot recommend together with a pinch of sea salt at the peanut butter aggregate or sprinkling flaked sea salt in conjunction with the cups.
Tips on how to Make Selfmade Peanut Butter Cups
Get started by means of lining a muffin tin with 10-12 paper or silicone liners. Come with the ground of every liner with melted chocolate. Spot the tray within the freezer therefore the chocolate can set.
Make the peanut butter layer by means of heating peanut butter, honey and coconut oil with every different. Pour above chocolate and position once more within the freezer to established.
Spoon the remainder chocolate in way over each cup, ensuring the peanut butter layer is totally lined. Spot again within the freezer for 30 minutes to at least one hour to established totally and have the benefit of! My mouth is watering simply typing out this recipe.
One concept: You should definitely stay your peanut butter cups whilst within the refrigerator or freezer for storing. They soften very simply because of coconut oil.
5-Ingredient Healthier Peanut ButterCourse: DessertCuisine: American
Make more healthy peanut butter cups the use of simply 5 simple elements — dark chocolate chips, peanut butter, coconut oil, honey and sea salt.
- Chocolate Layer
1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 cup chocolate chips (use dairy-free for vegan cups)*
- Peanut Butter Layer
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan cups)
pinch of sea salt (if peanut butter isn’t salted)
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 10-12 pb cups depending on how thick you make your layers.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil for 1 minute in the microwave, stir and continue heating on 30 second intervals, until chocolate chips have melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Using a spoon pour enough chocolate (about 1-2 teaspoons) to cover the bottom of the liner into each liner. Place tray into the freezer for about 5-10 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- In another bowl, add peanut butter, honey, coconut oil and sea salt (if using). Microwave for about 15 – 20 seconds or until mixture is slightly melted and pourable. Stir to combine.
- Remove cups from the freezer and pour peanut butter mixture evenly over each cup. Place back in the freezer to set for about 5 minutes.
- Pour remaining chocolate over each cup, using just enough to completely cover the peanut butter layer. At this point you can also sprinkle flaked sea salt on top of the chocolate if you want!
- Place tin back in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour to set completely. Remove from freezer and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge. They should last at least 5-7 days. For longer storage, store cups in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- For cups which are lower in sugar (and calories), use Lily’s Sweet chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark chocolate. They’re sweetened with stevia. If you operate those chips, the cups will simplest have 6 grams of sugar per serving.
- For vegan peanut butter cups, just make certain to use dairy-free chocolate chips (like Enjoy Life) and use maple syrup or agave rather than honey.
- Because these peanut butter cups are made with coconut oil, they ought to be stored within the fridge or freezer and saved cold or they will melt. If you preserve them in the freezer, take them out 5-10 minutes before serving due to the fact they’ll be pretty difficult.
Serving Dimension: 1 PB cup, Energy: 208, Sugar: 17g, Sodium: 49mg, Fats: 15g, Saturated Fats: 8g, Carbohydrates: 20g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 4g, Ldl cholesterol: 0mg